We value humility and we’re as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn’t initially think of.
The future of work has arrived – remote work is here to stay! Companies everywhere are adopting and defining new models for working in distributed teams, but they often lack the tools they need to hire, manage, and pay those teams. That’s where we come in. Lano is one smart platform that gives companies of any size everything they need to build the best teams on the planet.
Lano is a place for people who love remote work. We’re an experienced global team, led by serial entrepreneurs and backed by best-in-class investors. You’ll find us working from our Berlin HQ – one of the coolest capitals in Europe – together with remote teammates around the world.
Join us in powering the remote revolution! We’re looking for our new Lead Payroll Partnerships. This role can be based anywhere but we would prioritize candidates within a reasonable distance from CET.
Lano is expanding across Europe and building our People Department. You will play a major role in expanding business development by having a direct impact in our payroll product offering, revenue strategies and customer engagement. You will have the opportunity to establish best payroll practice models, system solutions and processes, as well as build and optimize our global partner network by building relationships and solving problems as they arise.
Why join us?
- HQ in the heart of Berlin Mitte, with a nice rooftop terrace (Our remote teams are invited during yearly team events)
- A diverse & international team
- Flexible fully remote culture, you can set your desk anywhere you wish
- Online Team events (Yoga, cooking sessions, lunch…Any proposal?)
- You will actively participate in shaping the way global force is structuring
- You will be the Internal subject Matter expert for Payroll related initiatives, with a deep understanding of the Payroll and Accounting service delivery across geographies, you will be in charge of transferring and conveying this knowledge across the business.
- Build the Business Development Strategy for Payroll, by creating an extensive network of In- Country Payroll Providers.
- Jointly with Product, designing and overseeing the implementation of the roadmap for payroll partner integration
- Overseeing the payroll operations for partner success. Identifying technical capabilities in the delivery and how these challenges can be overcome through the Lano platform.
- Recruit and manage the team and support with continuous development
- Hold Strategic Relationships with Partners in order to continue improving the payroll offering, with an emphasis in pricing, coverage and timing.
- Conduct extensive and continuous research of Payroll providers that can work with Lano
- Act as a thought leader in the space by attending networking events and participating as guest speaker.
- Identify recommendations to scale processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency including the design and implementation of internal controls, policies and procedures.
What you need to succeed
- Experience working with large ERP system such as ADP, E*Trade, NetSuite or other, experience in ERP integration solutions is a plus. Good knowledge in Accounting, good working knowledge of GAAP or IFRS
- CPP certification is a plus
- Experience with processing international payroll, HR and payroll data consolidation
- Experience of managing relations with external payroll providers
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a positive attitude
- Customer service oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work under pressure and meet or exceed targets
- Possess a collaborative work style, while being equally able to manager and develop staff.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
Nice to have …
- Experience working in a high growth startup, ideally in SaaS, HR or Fintech
- Experienced working remotely
- Strong experience of payroll operation including management of staff in a fast-paced, high volume, high growth company and environment
- BS Degree in accounting, finance or related area
- MBA is a plus
- Business Development, Management or Consulting experience