At Mimo, we believe that coding can open doors to opportunities like few other skills. That’s why we’ve rallied around the common goal of making coding accessible and closing the tech skills gap.
With the Mimo app, we’ve made it easy and fun for more than 15 million beginners to start coding on the go. But there’s more to the app than entertainment or simplicity: using bite-size coding exercises and step-by-step programming projects, we’re helping our learners form a habit of coding and get to measurable learning outcomes at their own pace. To help millions more get into coding and eventually become developers, we’re looking for a Lead Android Developer.
If you, too, want to make coding accessible, this is your opportunity to shape the future of computer science education.
- Leading the Android team and working within a cross-functional team
- Making sure your Android team members are growing professionally by giving regular feedback, having performance reviews, and providing opportunities to grow
- Taking responsibility for all parts of the Android app, from codebase to architecture to builds and deployment
- Reviewing the feature specifications to reduce complexity in proposed or planned features before implementation
- Owning the release pipeline to make sure we can ship regularly and on time
- Hiring new Android developers into your team
Some of the tools we use
- Modern Kotlin stack including Coroutines and Flow
- MVVM combined with a clean-architecture approach
- A healthy dose of Jetpack, Firebase, and some open-source libraries
- Bitrise/GitHub Actions as our CI/CD
- 5+ years of experience in Android app development
- 2+ years of experience in leading a team
- Very strong knowledge of Kotlin
- A strong sense of ownership of your work and team
- Focus on writing maintainable, high-quality code
- Positive mindset, proactiveness, and team spirit
Anytime, from (almost) anywhere: At Mimo, we’re remote-first, have flexible working hours, and there’s no overtime. We have a small location in Vienna, Austria, but most of us are spread over the world. So no matter how you like to work, you’ll fit in with us. You’ll join a diverse, fun, and multicultural team with regular team activities like breakfasts, coffee breaks, hack weeks, semi-annual company retreats, and many other perks for your personal or professional development. Your annual salary will range from €68k to €72k, depending on if you want to have an equity stake in Mimo, and will automatically increase by at least 5% every year.