The IOTA Foundation is a not-for-profit organization established in 2017 and headquartered in Berlin, Germany. The Foundation’s mission is to drive the development and standardization of new distributed ledger technologies (DLTs) that enable permissionless innovation ecosystems. To realize this potential the IOTA Foundation is actively building a collaborative of developers, start-ups, private enterprises, and government, civil society and academic institutions. Concretely, we engage in engineering, research and community organizing efforts around the IOTA Tangle – a new generation of DLT specifically designed to be the open and free trust layer for the Internet-of-Things (IoT).
As a (Junior) Software Developer, you will work closely together with project teams to design, develop, maintain and test production ready IOTA-based solutions (e.g. tools and platforms implementation or other products/services for private and public partners in public and private funded large projects). You will support the development of next generation DLT-based solutions including decentralized digital identities, tokenization and smart contracts in various infrastructure domains including mobility, smart energy, smart e-health, smart cities etc.
Candidates must be located in Germany.
- Support in designing and developing IOTA software components
- Deliver working solution based on project requirements and scope together with your team
- Assist in integrating front- and backend of the develop solutions
- Document the developed solution
- Utilize best practice implementation, build best practice know-how through close interaction with other SW Engineers
- Participate in and help transform cutting-edge research into practical software products
- Implement software development best practices and collaborate with other software projects in open source DLT space
- Native German skills
- You have a basic understanding of the IOTA Tangle Technology and already tried some of our demo projects
- Relevant working experience in DLT or blockchain projects
- It would be a plus if you have a Github profile showcasing your contributions to open-source development work
- At least upper-intermediate level of English language profession (oral and written)
- Self-driven individual who takes responsibility for projects from their inception
- Ability, desire, and dedication to pick up new platforms or technologies as well as improve in existing ones
- The opportunity to work with the brightest minds in the industry
- To make a true difference
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback
- A flexible and agile organization with a flat hierarchy.
- The unique combination of foundation and startup
The IOTA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.