We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 250,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 15 fiat and 12 cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our new Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $1 billion in assets under management, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 4,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in…
As a Junior Legal Counsel, you’ll be joining a small but mighty team of lawyers overseeing the legal aspects of our business. You’ll play a key role in ensuring we are compliant and up to date on regulations, supporting various business lines with their legal needs, and helping navigate the evolving legal landscape in the exciting blockchain and crypto space.
What you might be doing:
- Perform and support contractual reviews from a variety of departments, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- In close cooperation with the Legal and Compliance team, Solve and follow up on issues with regard to legal files to ensure that the best possible service can be offered.
- Stay informed about professional knowledge and technical skills in the area of Legal in order to maximise your professional knowledge and to apply it within the organisation in the best possible manner.
- Draft, review and maintain precedent documents and templates.
- Support the drafting of guidelines and policies.
- Support internal processes operated by the Legal Team (e.g. roll-out of contracts, managing of legal master data and register filings).
- Be part of projects aimed at further improving processes and efficiency within the Legal Team.
What you might look like:
- Masters degree in Law
- Relevant work experience in a law firm or in-house would be a plus
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and rigorous.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direct supervision.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and “can do” attitude.
- Reliable and discreet team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization.
- Fluent in English written and spoken is a must
- Have both keen attention to detail and the bigger picture in mind.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual, global organization.
- Interest in the Fintech & Cryptocurrency space
Why you should apply:
– Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of
– Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
– CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system
– We’ll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
– Flexible work hours
– Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.
– Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!