Ruby Labs is a leading tech company that operates subscription-based consumer products in the self-help and wellness market.
Our common vision is to create a tech company that builds a world-class self-help and wellness platform, to empower people to make self-care a way of life. A platform that is easily accessible to everyone and enjoyed for years. Since our launch, we’ve brought two successful products to the global market: Able and Hint, and are on track to launch a third in 2022.
Able is your digital platform to access the best weight care, health, and wellness experts across the globe. Able offers one-on-one health, nutrition, and wellness support at your fingertips. Get matched with your online coach to set a personalized action plan, build healthy habits, and stay motivated to achieve your health and weight goals.
You will be joining a strong team of ~100 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions… which is where you come in. We are a remote-first company, and our team is distributed across the UK, Europe, and North America. This was a deliberate choice to prioritize work-life balance and ensure we can accommodate the best people whilst fostering diversity.
We are searching for a creative, motivated and eager junior graphic designer who is passionate about creating engaging assets to run across all of our owned, earned and paid activities. This is a hands-on, fast paced role which will work within the communications team and will be responsible for delivering high-performing, on-brand, creative assets across all internal and external touch points to include, but not limited to: branding guidelines, PR campaigns, social media content, digital assets, communications materials and external and internal presentations and product assets.
What you’ll do
- Propose innovative, creative graphic design elements that elevate the Able brand; contributing to the branding guidelines and ensuring all visual assets are consistent, compelling, and reflect the creative direction of the brand.
- Develop and create new ideas/concepts for digital assets based on brand, product, important holidays and other big announcements
- Create impactful design, delivering consistent and reliable quality assets for various channels to include social media, PR, internal presentations and outbound communication.
- 1-3 years of experience taking ownership of your career path by actively seeking opportunities to build upon your knowledge and skills.
- Willing to learn and develop your knowledge and skills for business needs.
- Being able to work efficiently under time pressure without compromising on quality.
- Using feedback from other designers to improve.
- An interesting and engaging portfolio of well-executed design work.
- Skills in Adobe Suite of products, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Knowledge of Figma is desirable.
- An observant passion for the current state of design and willingness to share with the team.
- Good knowledge of typography and color theory.
- An open eye, to analyze what’s popular in compositions and overall aesthetics in the design world around you.
- Knowledge of social media styles, trends, and specification guidelines
- Ability to export optimized web-ready assets.
- Detail-oriented with designs and organized with file management.
- Ability to sketch ideas, brainstorm creative, and apply to projects
- A good team member, willing to learn, follow the scope of work, while positively intaking feedback.
- Desire to dive in and be a part of the Able team
- Strong eye for detail
- Entrepreneurial growth mindset, comfortable in fast-paced environments, and able to independently take responsibility from day one
- Demonstrate a curious mind with an eagerness to learn and keep abreast of the latest digital marketing trends and tools
- Perform well under pressure, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience within health and wellness environment
- Knowledge of Figma, Adobe After Effects/Adobe Premiere Pro/ Animation skills/ short-form video creation for social media.