Are you an experienced UX designer with a passion for teaching? Do you enjoy guiding and educating people to become better designers? Do you believe in the power of great design, and what it can do for the world? Then you might be just the right person to be an Instructor in our Design Bootcamps!
We’re looking for Bootcamp Instructors to help deliver the most student-centric UX design bootcamps on the planet. As the world’s largest online design school, we’ve already helped over 90,000 graduates to improve their skills and careers—but we’re just getting started! Our upcoming design bootcamps need talented and experienced Instructors who, with the help of a team of coaches, can guide an entire generation of aspiring UX designers.
What you will be doing
As a Bootcamp Instructor, you will be responsible for the learning journeys of your students. In this role, you will:
- Deliver engaging lessons through live video instruction
- Manage a team of coaches who will work 1:1 with the students
- Help curate and deliver the very best learning materials for students
Our students are at the very core of our mission, and we constantly strive to serve them as best we can. As a Bootcamp Instructor, you will drive this objective through your work with the coaches and the students alike. This can be a part-time or full-time role, for a minimum of 8 hours per week.
- You have 10+ years of professional experience in User Experience (UX) Design or UX Research
You have a full and expert understanding of, and ability to teach students to master:
- User Experience Design
- UX Research
- Visual Design
- You are adept in your ability to demonstrate and explain design processes, design thinking and user-centered design
- You have held a leadership role as a UX designer
- You have prior experience as a teacher, mentor, coach or facilitator
- You have a proven ability to help students recognize the psychology of design and user experience
- You have a proven ability to champion and empower students, especially aspiring designers
- You are empathetic and take great joy in advocating for your students
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are fluent in spoken and written English
- You are technical savvy and are deeply familiar with web tools and popular design software
- You have a reliable high-speed internet connection, and devices with video conferencing capabilities
You get bonus points if you…
- Have experience working remotely
- Have experience managing teams of coaches or mentors
About Interaction Design Foundation
The Interaction Design Foundation is the biggest online design school globally. We were founded in 2002 and have over 92,852 graduates.
We're market leaders in online design education because the world's leading experts create our content and because we're specialized in design. Our courses cover the entire spectrum of UX design from beginner to advanced.
Reasons to work with us: interaction-design.org/careers
Our full story: interaction-design.org/about