Intent Technologies is seeking a Senior Flutter Engineer to empower a new generation of shoppers and influencers. As an engineering leader with a desire for impact on a global scale, you’ll leverage your extensive mobile development experience to plan, architect, create and evolve a suite of rock-solid and delightful experiences for mobile and the web.
In collaboration with the company founders, you’ll design and establish the engineering workflow and technology stack that sets a strong foundation to hire a kick-arse mobile team. Working closely with talented and supportive colleagues across the company, you’ll lead the new mobile team to deliver an impressive initial app release, and push regular updates based on customer feedback, analytics and our product roadmap. Your focus will be largely on client-side Flutter, using REST APIs from our backend team.
To craft the polished experience our customers expect, you’ll implicitly know how to balance safe decisions while researching and running bleeding edge experiments, ensuring we master the fine line between trend leader and customers trust. In doing so, you’ll leverage your expert knowledge of native development for iOS (Objective-C/Swift) and Android (Java/Kotlin), to build custom extensions for Flutter, enabling frictionless and native experiences for customers.
We believe shopping technology needs a make-over and smarter ways to help save, monitor and share the products you love. In 2019 we launched www.kinderlist.com to validate some early ideas. Through careful analytics, retailer relationships and customer testing, we’ve learnt a huge amount about the world of shopping which is fueling our development of an exciting new journey.
As Senior Flutter Engineer you’ll join us in a full-time position with a lot of autonomy, opportunity and responsibility. We’ve already completed two proof of concept Flutter apps to explore initial features, and we’ll be looking to you to help us bring the product vision to life. Our HQ is in London, UK, though our team all work remotely with established and effective work-life culture.
What You’ll Do
- Be adventurous and curious, explore new technologies and opportunities to build intelligent and memorable shopping experiences
- Be highly organized and collaborate with cross-functional teams distributed around the world to define, architect and build solutions that delight customers.
- Coach team members and nurture team practices that produce a culture of transparent, engaged and supportive people doing their best work.
- Collaborate with remote cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features on a regular agile sprint cycle.
- Lead by example to produce clean, healthy, tested and maintainable code, making use of approaches such as TDD, BDD, or DDD, documentation tooling, and appropriate test suites.
- Establish, maintain and optimize CI/CD pipelines for the deployment of Flutter apps to iOS (App Store Connect), Android (Play Store) and web environments.
- Take security seriously by implementing tools, code and practices that preserve the integrity of our services and customer experiences.
- Implement and manage client-side analytics tools to understand user behaviour and app performance.
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking) is essential.
- Located in a timezone no more than 3hrs different to UK time (London, UK).
- 2+ years experience leading a team of software engineers using agile practices.
- 5+ years experience writing production code for both iOS (Objective-C or Swift) and Android (Java or Kotlin).
- Mastery using Flutter and Dart at an advanced level in at least one published app on both iOS (App Store Connect) and Android (Play Store).
- Expertise across the full mobile development lifecycle including architecture, code, testing, security, signing, CI/CD, and publishing.
- Experience integrating and using third-party libraries and REST APIs.
- Keen eye for good design, and enjoy collaborating with designers to implement modern, intuitive and delightful customer experiences.
- Intuitively look for ways to keep code modular, efficient, and maintainable.
- Motivated by working in a team with a flat structure where your knowledge and input have a direct impact on product definition and business success.
- Willing to learn, share and step outside of your comfort zone.
Good To Have
- University degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Familiar with AWS services such as API Gateway and Cognito.
- Like to nerd-out on CI/CD flows, optimising them for productivity gains.
- Built systems to document and test production-grade Flutter widgets
- Interest in ambitious solutions to e-commerce problems.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
Basket is a new consumer brand that’s in stealth mode at the moment (just to clarify, we are not http://basket.com/). Our aim is to become an essential and elegant tool that helps millions of people save time and money when shopping. To do this, we are on a mission to deliver next-gen experiences on mobile and the web that give shoppers superpowers. Our intelligent backend services find, store, enhance, and match product information from retailers around the world. Our frontend leverages our deep experience with shopping aggregation to offer an intuitive, fast, and optimized shopping assistant. We back ourselves and so do our top-tier investors.
Basket culture is built on respect, collaboration and a drive to shake up the world of shopping. We’re at the beginning of our journey with the opportunity for new team members to take initiative, lead projects, and shape services that customers interact with daily. Our team members are conscientious, deep thinkers, always striving to be awesome human beings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, colour, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.
How to Apply
Direct applicants only. No recruiters and no agencies, please.
Please take the time to consider your application.
1. Click Apply and complete the application form
2. We’ll review your application and CV thoroughly
3. First-round interview
4. You complete a technical challenge
5. Second-round technical interview
6. Third-round interview with Founders
7. Offer / No offer
We endeavour to reply within two business days at all stages of the application process.