As part of I-COM’s strategic development plan, we are looking for a Logistics Manager to join and support our with the Virtual Summit logistics and transportation aspects.
The I-COM Global Summit is the world’s leading annual event on Smart Data Marketing where the who’s who from around the world gather to inspire, connect and develop.
The summit enables an intimate open atmosphere for the attendees to build their Data Ecosystem dream team by being invitation-only, premium and artistically crafted.
I-COM is a Global sector association helping its members to achieve competitive advantage in Smart Data Marketing, the art of creatively leveraging value from Data to create competitive advantage in products, user experience and promotion. We organize forums & competitions that showcase meaningful innovation, work toward consensus on best practices and support overall Business Transformation. I-COM was founded in 2004, a spin-off of a P&G led industry initiative. See more about us here: http://www.i-com.org
DURATION AND WORKLOAD: Long Term / Part-Time / Remote
REPORTING LINE: The person will be under the direct supervision of the Chairman
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Logistics Manager or transportation operations preferably in a multi-cultural/developing environment
- Knowledge of Transportation and Customs Restrictions – principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Open and creative, yet firmly on the ground to be able to deliver output accurately on time.
- Willingness to travel and occasionally work during weekends.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Coordinate and effectively liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Ensure that the right products/services are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues
About I-Com Global
I-COM Global helps companies with their business transformation to become a fully customer-centric and Smart Data Marketing driven enterprise.
I-COM’s mission is to help companies on this journey and assist the champions of transformation within these companies. We want to help them succeed and our focus is on the ‘how-to’.