Join us to work on the future of work: your next adventure awaits!
We are looking for an Internal Controls Manager for our Group Finance team to be responsible for identifying, defining, and implementing internal controls.
You will play a key part in ensuring the integrity of the Group’s financial information and have the opportunity to work with all areas and levels of the organization.
- Establishing a framework for external auditor reliance on controls
- Identifying critical controls and collaborating with control owners
- Developing and testing controls while proposing remediation plans
- Ensuring and reporting on the effectiveness of the controls
- Designing and overseeing a disclosure process for certifying financial statements
- Coordinating with internal audit for compliance certification
- Supervising the external compliance partner
- Establishing an in-house internal controls team
- A Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in an Auditing/Advisory firm (Big4) or a multinational corporation working in internal controls or internal audit teams
- At least 2 years of experience in designing, documenting, implementing, testing, and reporting internal controls, preferably in a SOX environment
- Flulent in English with a demonstrated ability to draft technical control papers in English
- Experience dealing with multiple robust internal and external stakeholders
- Experience researching and documenting support for control proposals
- Aptitude for influencing others to follow you through the implementation process
- An ethical, problem-solving, and attention-to-detail approach to issues and proven ability to deal with high volumes of data
- Proficient in English
Nice if you also have…
- Professional Accounting, Audit or Control certifications such as CPA, ACA, ACCA, or CFE
- Experience within a fast-growth environment, experience in a startup environment or listed companies
- IPO readiness and/or preparation of offer memorandum and listing requirements
- Understanding of IFRS, UK, and Spanish GAAP
What we’re about
At Job&Talent, we’re revolutionising the employment market globally. Our mission is simple and clear. We’re empowering the people who do essential work – from delivery drivers and warehouse workers, to cooks and cleaners – to get work and get paid on their terms.
We match these people with companies we’ve verified through our powerful tech platform. Apps, AI, web-based tools, innovative matching solutions and more. We create seriously smart technology, made for humans, by humans.
And the numbers show we’re doing things right. 340,000 people got work with over 2,500 companies globally last year, with clients spanning industries from logistics to retail, hospitality and more. We generated €1.9 billion in revenue in 2022. And we’re grateful to our top tier investors at Atomico, Kinnevik and Softbank.
We’re headquartered in sunny Madrid, but we’re a remote-first company operating in 10 countries across Europe, the United States and Latin America.
But there’s a missing piece. You.
Join our community
If you’re looking for a company that values innovation, high standards and data, you’ve found it. We’re also good listeners, because everyone’s voice is heard at Job&Talent. These values help us make good decisions and keep momentum. That’s how we operate. Standard.
When it comes to our people, we’re all uniquely different. And it’s that difference that makes us stronger.
We encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work. Being real and empathic means we can build better products, services and workplaces for our workers and our clients. And dare we say it, we think that makes us all happier humans.
What’s in it for you
We’re building the world’s leading digital marketplace for essential work. You’ll hear 10x experience, AI, technology and human-centred design quite a lot. We strive for that across the entire company, from finance, to supply, to product.
Make an impact through extreme ownership of the work you do. You create something and you help drive it forward. At Job&Talent, you’ll make an impact across borders with cross-functional teams, wherever you are.
Be rewarded financially. It’s ingrained into our company philosophy. We offer our employees competitive salaries and benefits. Our Talent team can tell you a lot more about the perks in your region.
Grow professionally by doing, not just watching or talking. We’re completely hands-on and we’re bootstrappers, making the most of our resources. And don’t be surprised to find yourself on a call with one of our founders. They like the details as much as the big picture.
Proud to champion equality
At Job&Talent we value diversity and we’re an Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of national origin, race, disability, religious beliefs or sexual orientation. Come join us. We look forward to your application.