MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to#jointhenest.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Head of Remote Operations
MessageBird is rapidly growing across the world, fueled by our growing customer base and our shift to a “Work Anywhere” company. As the Head of Remote Operations, you will work beyond silos of individual departments to assume a cross-functional role at the intersection of processes, operations, legal and people.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop the operational framework to ensure a smooth and effective “Work Anywhere” set up — from operational onboarding to office management, ongoing connectedness and communication structures.
- Collaborate with various functions of the business to support the creation of remote workflows and processes, implement and oversee effective performance management, while ensuring the thriving of the MessageBird culture.
- Work across the business to ensure that teams and individuals are able to work effectively from a more remote basis — clear documentation, correct IT infrastructure, impactful stipends for employees, useful tooling, helpful analytics, etc.
- Create a strategy to ensure a positive, healthy and thriving experience for all Birds that bridges home office set up, Coworking Hotspots and Regional Hubs.
- Act as the main point of contact for our Employer of Record to establish new location setups, and investigate legal and financial requirements.
- Develop and track key metrics and data to monitor and ensure the effectiveness of our international operations.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Operations Management.
- Experience setting up scalable processes from scratch with a very detailed perspective.
- Capability to collaborate and coordinate across multiple teams in a fast-moving environment.
- Fast, collaborative and able to problem solve using data (but no egos, please!).
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Full (professional proficiency) in English, both verbally and written
PSST … SOME ADDED PERKS
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Browse the latest remote jobs > euremotejobs.com/jobs/