Role Overview 🚀
We’re looking for an aspiring, entrepreneurial Head of Product who will champion the voice of the user, and play a pivotal role in devising new products and services that keep Uncapped at the forefront of flexible start-up funding, where we currently invest more broadly than most other VC-funding models currently operating in the UK.
To us, product management combines creativity with data analysis and advanced numeracy. A natural pragmatist, you will balance the dual importance of strategic thinking with assessing and mitigating risk to both user and edge cases. You will understand how to prioritise and how to explain the benefits and implications of inevitable trade-offs.
This role suits someone both aspirational and independent, someone demonstrably passionate about our product and how it is revolutionizing the way start-ups are funded, someone with the natural capacity for critical and ‘first principles’ thinking. You will have a bias to action and pride yourself on having an impact from day one.
Your Mission ✍️
- Distil the co-founders’ product vision into a long-term strategy, in support of company objectives
- Build an ambitious, achievable product roadmap, including milestones and deliverables
- Define the key metrics for success; Quantify and communicate what excellence looks like and introduce methods of tracking
- Own the definition and captaincy of product OKRs
- Support engineering leaders in allocation of resource, being mindful of the competing needs of shipping new products vs optimising the experience for existing customers
- Introduce and advocate continual user feedback and communicate findings across the company
- Create a compelling narrative about our products and services, positioning us as a market-leader in the field
What skills you’ll need ⚒
- A number of years solid product management experience in high growth environments, completing a minimum of one product development cycle from inception to launch for real-world use
- Strong product management fundamentals, from user research and design, through experimentation, testing and iteration, and with a healthy commitment to post-production retrospective analysis and continual improvement
- Accurate estimation; Thoughtful allocation and project management of resources
- Make trade-offs while prioritizing and planning your and the engineering team’s work bearing in mind the company’s priorities and values
- Proven experience as an inspirational leader of teams, and the appetite to either support or challenge the co-founders as the situation dictates
- Extraordinary ability to collaborate with others in resolving issues and finding solutions
- Great communication and presentation skills
A background in SME lending, challenger banks, and other disruptive fintechs will be at a natural advantage in this role. Those who understand the needs of ecommerce and SaaS businesses will also have a head-start – maybe you have run a Shopify store, and therefore understand what will make our product stickier and help us stand out from the competition as our proposition develops. Or it could be that you have delivered payment solution products for a supplier or in-house
At Uncapped, we believe it’s our people who make us successful. We are a startup with big ambitions and we work hard, so we want to give our people the benefits that they really want. We’re constantly adding to this as new people join but here’s a list of the sorts of things you can expect:
- Competitive salary + pension + equity
- Personal growth fund – Raise your game from great to spectacular
- Flexible working – Remote-first processes for ultimate flexibility
- Workspace fit for you – New equipment and budget to build your own workspace
- Your birthday off – Enjoy your special day on us
- Annual retreat abroad – Connect with your team on a paid staff trip
- Weekly recognition and awards – Celebrate wins big and small
- Workspace fit for you – New Macbook/PC plus €300 to improve your home office
- Opportunity to make a big impact every day on the lives of European entrepreneurs!
Browse the latest remote jobs in Europe
About Uncapped 👫
Here at Uncapped, we believe founders shouldn’t have to give away ownership of their company to fund growth. That’s why we provide interest and equity-free investments from £10k to £2 million to founders and companies who are changing the world. We charge a flat fee of 6% on the capital provided and get repaid through a revenue share. There are no pitches, cap tables or coffees required. So founders can apply online, receive an offer and start growing their business! We’re a fully remote company and backed by Europe’s top investors including Seedcamp, Global Founders Capital and Whitestar - early investors in other fintechs such as Transferwise, Revolut, and Funding Circle. We recently raised another $26m of investment and we’re scaling fast!