Your technical expertise helps us bring our advanced deep learning algorithms to every dental practice in the world so we can increase the quality of healthcare globally. Using microservices on Kubernetes and AWS you make sure our algorithms perform well, and our data is securely transported across our platform
Promaton is changing dental healthcare by automating diagnostics and treatment workflows using AI, making healthcare more affordable and accessible for everyone. Did you know dentists miss up to 30% of pathologies on an X-Ray? We are on a mission to eliminate errors in dentistry by improving diagnostic accuracy, and automating mundane work like creating 3D models by hand from an X-Ray.
- The technical leader of our platform team, which currently consists of 3 engineers. The platform team is owning infrastructure and MLOps in Promaton
- Collaborating with our product teams and with the tooling team to discuss requirements and design the best solutions for our engineers and end users
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers, and hire new team members
Some of the challenges we face because we work with large files, and heavy machine learning workloads:
- Everything has to scale automatically to handle the load in a cost efficient way
- We are dealing with sensitive data, it needs to be secure
- It still needs to be very fast
Some of the technical challenges you will work on in your first months:
- We need to scale our applications and infrastructure by 125x, while making it faster and more robust. You’ll do this by
- Deploying the latest security best practices to our infrastructure
- Driving technical decisions to improve our infrastructure and API
- Operating and improving our AWS setup that is currently written in CDK
- Operating and improving our Kubernetes clusters with ArgoCD
- Moving our machine learning pipelines into Argo Workflows
- Squeeze as much performance out of our infrastructure as we can, to make our products fast and responsive, even though we work with large files.
- 💰 Excellent employment terms
- 🏡 Freedom to work from anywhere you like (and any time you like). We only have a few touch points. Not just because of Covid, we are a remote company by design, and have people working from all over Europe.
- 👩🔬 Dedicated time for hackathons and research, to explore new ideas of your own
- 🎓 Real training budget for books and conferences or anything else you need to grow.
- 🚀 Work with the latest technology, on the front-end of a rapidly changing field in medical
- 💪 Loads of responsibility and autonomy, zero bureaucracy and a chance to make a real impact
- 🏖 Awesome yearly company retreat, and quarterly team events.
- ⛺️ 25 days of annual leave
- 💻 Top-notch gear, and even bigger servers to play with
- 🏄♂️ Promaton is funded for many years to come, meaning you can have the impact you only get at a startup, but with the job security of an established company.
- 🛬 For all international hackers: Promaton is recognized as a visa sponsor by the Dutch government
Our tech stack:
- Kubernetes on AWS (with EKS)
- IaC written in CDK and GitOps with ArgoCD.
- Metrics with Prometheus, Dashboarding in Grafana, Logging in Loki and Tracing in Tempo.
- The applications that run on top of the infra are written in Typescript, Python and Java
- Previous experience working as a hands-on (tech) lead in a small platform team
- Good programming skills
- Solid experience with cloud native technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, …)
- Based in a time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3 (-2 to +2 hours Amsterdam time)
- Ability to fly in for company events 4 times a year (1 week per quarter)
- Passion for machine learning
- Previous experience in a regulated environment