At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr’s Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we’ve experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
We’re looking for our first HR person who is going to join as our Head of People. You’re going to be owner of all the rituals, processes, management and execution. Will be working with exec team and CEO and rest of the team to build this function from scratch. You’ll report to the CEO and will join the executive team.
Who you are
You’re someone who is willing to build this function from scratch, reporting directly to the CEO.
REQUIREMENTS – Must haves
- 1-3 years Leadership Experience (Manager, Director etc.)
- 5+ years as an HR ProfessionalHumble and Growth mindset – You’re humble and you’re always finding way to grow in your skills and mindset with books, mentors, training…
- Ability to hire A Players – You have the ability to source, select and sell A Players to join Plato
- Ability to develop people – You can coaches people in their current roles to improve performance, and prepare them for future roles
- Strategic thinking / visioning – You’re able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends
- Organization and planning – You can plan, organize, schedule, budget in an efficient, productive manner while focusing on key priorities
Nice to have
- Experience in B2B SaaS a plus
- Experience in a startup or other fast-paced environment preferredEfficiency – You’re able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Follow-through on commitments – You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost
- Enthusiasm – You exhibits passion and excitement over work and have a “can-do attitude”
- Openness to feedback and ideas – You often solicit feedback and react calmly to criticism or negative feedback
- Connected to Mentorship / Coaching – Someone who is connected to Mentorship (has been a mentor at Plato, has been a mentor to someone etc.) or someone who has been a coach. Or can demonstrate that they love doing that
- Connected to Leadership – Someone who is connected to Leadership (Wrote blog post, Has been a passionate leader, can prove that it’s a passion of theirs etc.)
- Passionate – Your passion is contagious so it will spread, and passionate people can do amazing workCommunication – You speak and write clearly and articulate without being overly verbose or talkative
- Job Fit – How does this job fits well with your needs and our needs?
- A strong desire to build HR function from scratch – We’re just at the beginning, we went from 8 to 35 people in 12 months, and we’re doubling in 1 year. A lot has to be done
- Teamwork – Reaching out to peers to establish an overall collaborative working relationship
- Proficient with tech tools (at ease with Coda, Zapier etc.) – You’re are not afraid of getting hands dirty and able to work their way through any new process or tool.
- Owning the culture, building rituals to have the team lives and breathes it
- Owning HR/People rituals and processes to have the team work
- Being owner of our future remote strategy combined with geographical hubs
- Be owner of all recruiting at Plato (processes and recruits)
- Work with managers and with external recruiters to hit our headcounts number of people by end of year
- Understand different hybrid/remote strategy and execute on a vision set with the exec team / CEO and create a sense of company belonging with online and offline events
- Someone who lives and breathes our values and spread this to team members
- Understand Plato’s strengths (Coda, Community, Engineering Leadership…) and have them shine externally to create a great employer’s brand
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let’s make that better.
Our team is fully remote, our only requirement is that you are able to commit to:
3-4 hour overlap with PST for non-customer facing roles
5 hour overlap with PST for customer facing roles