Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases – often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit www.jazzpharmaceuticals.com and follow @JazzPharma on Twitter.
The Head of People & Culture Analytics is a critical leadership position within the People & Culture Centre of Expertise (COE), part of Jazz’s HR Function.
The People & Culture COE aims to design high-impact organizational interventions that improve Jazz’s overall health and performance, in line with Jazz’s strategic vision underpinned by data-driven insights. As a relatively ‘young’ COE within the HR Function in Jazz, this is an excellent time for the Head of People & Culture Analytics to join the team and help shape the future direction as well as further develop the People Analytics capabilities within the team as well as more broadly across HR and the business.
The Head of People & Culture Analytics will manage a small team and report to the VP of People of Culture. They will own and execute the People Analytics strategy for Jazz, ensuring the quality and efficacy of organizational and people insights based on both quantitative as well as qualitative data, and will work in full partnership with other subject matter experts in the COE to deliver meaningful value for Jazz.
The Head of People & Culture Analytics will collaborate closely with many functions within HR (e.g., HR Business Partners, HR Delivery, Total Rewards, etc.) and other functions across Jazz (e.g., Information Services, Finance, Transformation Office, etc.). They must use their thought leadership in the People Analytics domain to influence up to and including executive management. They will also be able to take a consultative and pragmatic approach to building highly effective relationships as part of a broader team effort. They must blend technical expertise in People Analytics (including expertise in data, systems, and technologies) with a broader understanding and appreciation of HR/people / organizational strategy and how to effect change in organizations using data. They will need to effectively navigate ambiguity, identify the key questions to be asked, and facilitate a process to resolve them (amidst complexity and multiple points of view).
- Own and execute a holistic People Analytics strategy and roadmap for Jazz that helps build organizational and individual capability and maturity and creates better outcomes for Jazz
- Lead the People Analytics agenda in critical areas of importance for Jazz, including (but not limited to) Employee Listening, Human Capital measurement, and Strategic Workforce Planning
- In collaboration with HR Business Partners, consulting with business leaders, and participating in strategic business initiatives to identify opportunities for workforce-related data and insight to be used to aid business decision-making
- Develop and lead effective People Analytics projects demonstrating both project management discipline and effective project team leadership, as well as skillful stakeholder management
- Provides thought leadership to influence the culture of the HR Function to become more data-driven
- Provide leadership and development coaching for People Analytics team members
- Partner closely with HRIS and the Jazz IS Function to ensure complete alignment from a data, systems, and technology perspective and establish a People Analytics domain that is integrated with the broader enterprise data strategy and approach for Jazz
- Build and manage effective vendor relationships with key external partners
- Keep up with external trends and best practices in the People Analytics domain and the evolving technology landscape; leverage them when necessary to deliver value for Jazz
- Ensure all People data privacy processes and governance procedures are in place and that the way Jazz uses employee data meets the highest ethical and professional standards
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant experience within the field of People Analytics and in designing and delivering high-impact analytical projects and solutions
- Experience and expertise in Employee Listening, including survey design, insights generation, and action tracking
- Experience in establishing Strategic Workforce Planning as an enterprise business process
- Track record of partnering with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translating these into effective People Analytics initiatives that improve the quality of decision-making
- Ability to operate in ambiguity and act with autonomy
- Proven ability to develop highly effective relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Good understanding and appreciation of how global, complex organizations operate and how HR strategies and data-driven decision-making can improve organizational effectiveness
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of analytical techniques, systems, and technologies applied to people and organizational data e.g., MS Viva, OrgVue, Workday, employee listening platforms, PowerBI, etc.
- Ability to tell powerful stories from complex data and concepts which effectively engage others and result in better decision-making
- Values-driven individual with high personal integrity and ethical orientation
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and safeguard sensitive and highly confidential data at all times
- Track record of developing people analytics capabilities within own team and direct reports
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (required) in relevant HR / Data and Analytics disciplines e.g., Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Behavioral Economics, Data Science / Analytics related discipline
- Preferred: Master’s Degree or equivalent (preferred) in relevant HR / Data and Analytics disciplines (as above)
- p of relevant professional bodies preferred e.g. SHRM / CIPD / etc.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
FOR US-BASED CANDIDATES ONLY
Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices and we strive to provide employees with total compensation packages that are market competitive. For this role, the anticipated base pay range is $172,000-$225,750. The exact base pay offered for this role will depend on various factors, including but not limited to the candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
At Jazz, your base pay is only one part of your total compensation package. The successful candidate may also be eligible for a discretionary annual cash bonus or incentive compensation (depending on the role), in accordance with the terms of the Company’s Global Cash Bonus Plan or Incentive Compensation Plan, as well as discretionary equity grants in accordance with Jazz’s Long Term Equity Incentive Plan.
The successful candidate will also be eligible to participate in various benefits offerings, including, but not limited to, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, and flexible paid vacation. For more information on our Benefits offerings please click here: https://careers.jazzpharma.com/benefits