Thousands of strong voices use Steady to publish their work and secure a reliable income. From blogs and online magazines to podcasts, newsletters, and more, Steady enables independent media to earn a sustainable income via memberships. We’re creating the future of independent media. Come join us!
About the role
Join a Berlin-based start-up with a mission to help online creators to monetise. As the team lead, you will be part of the Management Team and steer the direction of the business alongside your peers in Sales, Product and Finance. You are responsible for Marketing strategy and implementation to acquire and retain creators in Germany and across other regions. You are a strong thinker and are not afraid to get stuck in. You have a creative mindset and strong commercial skills with experience in driving growth and international expansion.
What the role involves
- Developing and executing the international Marketing strategy for Steady
- Building brand awareness and refining Steady’s brand positioning
- Expanding the PR and Social Media footprint and fuel the conversation about creator monetisation strategies
- Developing a content strategy and distributing across touchpoints like Social Media
- Building and optimising Steady’s SEO presence
- Testing & learning Performance Marketing channels and scaling them up profitably
- Creating a CRM program to communicate with existing creators and members
- Leading a team of Marketing experts and building out the function to become a growth driver of the business
- Building strong collaboration with Product, Sales and other functions in the business
- Managing external freelancers and agencies
- Reporting Marketing KPIs and learnings back to the business
- Demonstrate senior experience in building and leading Marketing teams
- Are a strong Digital Marketer with hands-on experience in Digital PR, Social Media, Content Marketing or CRM
- Are a seasoned people manager of a hybrid in-house and freelance team
- Demonstrate excellent commercial skills and a deep understanding of Marketing as a growth driver
- Are a strong communicator and you are able to explain Marketing levers to non-experts
- Have a background as a creator or an industry with a strong social media footprint, e.g. fashion is a plus
- Have good knowledge of the creator landscape, tactics and needs would be favourable
- Are connected to the Berlin digital marketing and creative network
- Speak fluent English and German
- Have a degree in Marketing or Communications or have a comparable job experience
Benefits of working at Steady
- Be part of a mission that sustainably supports creators and publishers and helps guarantee an independent media landscape
- Bring your own ideas to the table: we are still a small team and encourage you to experiment and dare to think differently
- Choose your own benefits: whether it’s a HIIT class or a supermarket voucher, you choose the benefit that’s right for you
- Work from anywhere in Europe – we are happy to figure out the legal hurdles together with you
- Be part of our passionate team: enjoy regular social events – virtually and twice a year at our Berlin office
- 500 EUR per annum individual training budget
As the first step in our process, we ask some simple screening questions which are separated from your name and marked blind, in order to reduce potential unconscious bias. Look out for the questions as the first step of the application. Later on, we’ll want to get to know you and your experience better as part of the interview process and will give you time to meet people from our team.
Steady is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and is building a team accordingly. It’s also really important to us to find the very best people we possibly can for our team, regardless of their background, and to be transparent so our recruitment process is a little different.
Even if you’re not sure you have the right experience, you can always get in touch and have a chat with one of us. We’d love to hear from you.