Cloudbeds provides the platform that powers hospitality, driving streamlined operations, increasing reservations and revenue, and enabling memorable guest experiences for lodging businesses of all sizes and types. Named the No. 1 PMS and No. 1 Hotel Management System by Hotel Tech Report in 2022, Cloudbeds is trusted by properties across the globe for its award-winning front desk, revenue, distribution, guest acquisition and guest engagement solutions seamlessly combined in a single unified system.
Behind the Cloudbeds platform is a growing team of 700+ employees distributed across 40+ countries speaking 30+ languages. From data architects to UX designers, integrations managers to payments experts, former hotel managers to former OTA executives, our team comprises the brightest minds in technology and hospitality working to solve the industry’s biggest challenges.
From the beginning, we’ve believed that our people are our greatest asset, so we founded the company as #RemoteFirst, #RemoteAlways with shared core values that allow our team to thrive. This means we:
- Hire the best people around the world;
- Emphasize the value of results over hours put in;
- Provide flexibility in working hours and locations;
- Foster an inclusive environment that celebrates bold thinking and diverse perspectives;
- Offer open vacation policies, free LinkedIn Learning, and other benefits that promote well-being and professional development.
Together we’re on a mission to power every property in the world and to do that, we need to find the best talent in the world. That’s why we’re on the search for a superstar Head of Market Development (EU). This is a pivotal role at Cloudbeds whose aim is to help our regional sales team achieve deep market penetration in key geographic regions and hospitality verticals by using their extensive network and knowledge of the local market to accelerate our outbound sales pipeline. This role will oversee the EU region and be responsible for developing and executing integrated marketing plans to boost brand awareness, generate leads, and nurture stakeholder relationships. Key responsibilities include collaborating with sales teams to align marketing strategies with revenue goals, organizing and promoting local events, building relationships with key stakeholders to drive referrals and amplify our brand, and driving market-specific content creation. Success in this role is characterized by substantial growth in qualified outbound and referral leads, increased market share, and increased brand awareness in the region.
Location: Remote with preference for candidates located in Spain or UK
What You Will Do:
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans tailored to the assigned region that build brand awareness in the assigned region, target key stakeholders with whom to build relationships, and identify low-cost, high-impact initiatives to influence and accelerate the sales pipeline in this region.
- Drive lead targeting and lead generation of ideal customer profile through marketing activities and plans.
- Organize and manage impactful industry events in collaboration with the events and sales team, including trade shows, conferences, and local CB connect events, to increase brand visibility, drive partner co-promotion, and cultivate networking opportunities.
- Drive the creation of compelling and relevant content for the market, such as webinars, videos, case studies, presentations, social media content, and blog posts to support lead generation and thought leadership.
- Foster and maintain relationships with industry associations, partners, and influencers to enhance brand credibility and expand market reach.
- Collaborate with the regional sales team and the broader marketing team to execute campaigns and marketing initiatives.
- Monitor and report on key performance metrics, including lead generation, referral revenue, conversion rates, event attendance, and regional market share to measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and customer insights to identify opportunities and refine marketing strategies accordingly.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, sales, partnerships, and customer support and provide market insights to key internal stakeholders
- Continuously stay updated on local industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive continuous improvement in marketing strategies
- Act as a spokesperson for Cloudbeds for regional events and media interviews.
- Present at Cloudbeds events as a featured speaker and local expert.
You’ll Succeed With:
- Strong strategic mindset with the ability to align marketing initiatives with broader sales and revenue objectives
- Proficiency in creating and executing integrated marketing plans, leveraging various channels and tactics
- Strong knowledge of the hospitality and hospitality tech industry in the assigned market with an established network of industry contacts and influencers
- Customer-centric mindset with a deep understanding of customer needs and pain points, especially at the market level
- Welcoming and outgoing personality; does not shy away from networking and can easily forge strong working relationships with nearly anyone they meet
- Creative thinker with mop-bucket attitude; does not let perfectionism and process rule over getting results
- Strong communication skills in business English, both written and verbal
- Data-driven decision maker with the ability to analyze metrics and KPIs to measure and optimize campaign performance
- Strong project management and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a managerial role in the hospitality or hospitality tech industry in the local market required
- Requirement to travel up to 20% of the time to industry and company-sponsored events, sales blitzes, and to meet key influencers or stakeholders.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018-2023)
- Best PMS | HotelTechReport (2021-2023)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2023)
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 5000 (2022)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2022)
- Best Remote Companies to Work | BuiltIn (2022)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations in the hiring process. We encourage deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, and deaf-disabled individuals to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or via email at email@example.com. Cloudbeds will provide an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter where needed as a reasonable accommodation for the hiring processes.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.