Pitch is rethinking the way teams create, collaborate on and deliver presentations. Built by the team behind Wunderlist, Pitch makes the journey from draft to deck fast, effortless, and fun. After launching out of beta in October of last year, the buzz around Pitch has translated into adoption very quickly: more than 25,000 teams have already discovered the beauty and flexibility of our holistic platform.
After the initial product market fit, our focus now lies on hiring a great and diverse team, building a repeatable go-to-market engine and scalable support processes. In order to lay the foundation for enabling data-driven decision making, providing financial transparency and building the ground control for the Pitch rocket ship, we are looking for a Head of Legal to be a pioneer for our Legal team.
If you’re excited about laying the foundation for a lean, proactive and business-driven legal team, building and developing a strong team of experts and helping a fast growing organization scale sustainably, you are the person we are looking for.
What you will do:
- Own all major legal projects across various disciplines such as commercial, employment, intellectual property, corporate law or data privacy
- Build up, lead and mentor a best in class legal team focusing on lean, efficient and customer-centric operations
- Develop efficient legal support processes such as overarching legal request processes or go-to-market support, e.g. in B2B marketing and Enterprise sales
- Serve as strategic business partner and consultant to CFO and rest of leadership team on all major company risks and legal affairs
- Monitor and prepare company for all major regulatory and legislative changes in all relevant jurisdictions
- Build up and maintain network of legal partners to enable high coverage of expertise and short SLAs
What you should offer:
- You are a fully qualified German lawyer (2nd state exam) or international equivalent. Ideally you also have experience in/knowledge on other important EU jurisdictions (ie. UK & Ireland) and/or US Law
- You have 10+ years of professional experience in managing and building an in-house Legal team, ideally in similar role at a similar hyper-growth SaaS/ tech startup, similar corporate in-house position or at a major international law firm
- You ideally have experience with Enterprise SaaS and building scalable support processes for go-to-market activities
- You have a proven track record of successfully building up legal teams and implementing major legal projects in complex business settings
- You have working knowledge across broad set of legal affairs such as corporate, commercial, intellectual property, labor and data privacy law
- You have a strong analytical mindset and business thinking complementing legal expertise
- You stick out through your ability to assess and prioritize legal challenges according to risk and offer pragmatic solutions and clear boundaries wherever necessary
- You are able to communicate effectively with external and internal stakeholders across the company on complex, multifaceted issues
Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team’s best thinking – we look forward to hearing from you!