Head of Engineering (all genders)
Searchmetrics delivers predictable success that allows data-driven marketers to reach all of their search and content goals. We make this possible with our comprehensive portfolio of data, software, and services that combine the sustainable success of organic with the predictable returns otherwise only achievable by investing in paid media. We work for marketers who rely on search and content performance to drive revenue and elevate their brands.
The Head of Engineering keeps up with new technologies and identifies the correct schema for the sites/software in development. He/She has a strong vision for the department and promotes the best organizational patterns and practices; tackles high-level challenges and balances quality software with speed. The Head of Engineering is responsible for technical excellence, the stability of the business’s core platform, and the overall quality of the architecture. The Head of Engineering will work closely with senior engineering teams in the management and development of strategic planning. He/She will also work closely with the Head of product in designing, developing, and deploying scalable technologies that will lead to increased consumer satisfaction.
Your mission in detail:
- Drive the vision, design, strategy, and implementation of integrated systems in order to support the business
- Lead the Chapters Leads and collaborates with the Business Unit Leads in order to roll out new products and implement the ongoing process improvements of the current systems
- Align the technical roadmap of the development teams, reporting directly to the CTO
- Deliver excellence in all engineering disciplines inclusive of data processing, quality assurance, application development, analytics, machine learning, algorithms, and data warehousing.
- Participate in the recruiting activities of the engineering department in order to ensure consistency in departmental efficiency.
- Responsible for the overall system development life-cycle
- Mentor key engineering personnel, assist in their duties upon request and promote the growth of their professional skills
- Plan, manage, execute, and implement software projects, inclusive of the day-to-day story management, scope management, issue and risk management, as well as regular status reporting
- Develop strategic plans with regard to the technical development of software and establishes the business’s technical vision that guides all aspects of technological development
- Oversee the strategic deployment of the departmental resources leading to optimal resource allocation and the smooth and successful development of sites/software
What’s in for you?
- A career model supporting your personal growth into an expert or leadership role
- A multi-national team of cool people out of more than 25 different countries
- A business environment, where you will have an impact on what you do
- Access to learning platforms like Linkedin Learning and Campus Success
- Free drinks and fruits as well as regular company breakfast and pizza days
- Team- and company events
- Urban Sports (M) or Fitness First membership and in-house gym (Berlin-based)
- 28 days of vacation, 30 days after two years
- Pension provision
- The coolest and fluffiest office dogs
What you bring into the game
- You worked for several years successfully as a Head of Engineering incl. mentorship responsibilities and functional leadership in tech
- You have excellent Java skills (language and platform)
- Ideally, you have profound experience in Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka.
- You bring experience in working with distributed systems and in drafting software-architectures
- You have experience in working with the AWS ecosystem.
- You are ready and willing to share your knowledge across the department
- You are open-minded and a real team player.
- You have business-fluent English language skills
Browse the latest remote engineering jobs here