This is a global remote position.
Rocket.Chat is looking for a Head of Community with proven experience in developers / users community building, engagement and growth.
You will help refine and shape our evolving community strategy and lead a team of developer evangelists and community advocates, while working with a cross functional specialists team (product, technical, sales & marketing) to achieve our 2021/2022 community growth objectives.
Your skills 🎯
- Prior proven experience in large open source community management and product led growth organizations is a must;
- Familiarity with modern massive (1 million members +) online communities building, engagement and management technology and methodology is highly desirable;
- Exceptional communicator – both written and verbal in English;
- A data-driven mindset is a prerequisite together with a results oriented attitude;
- Strong empathy and passion for community and customer success;
- Experience building and managing high performing teams that are focused on impact. Ability to inspire and guide the team;
- Ability to build key relationships with global champions of Rocket.Chat within the organizations of our community and customer base;
- Ability to listen to other’s needs and work with a diversity of possibly polarized individuals;
- Adaptive and resourceful to overcome obstacles and thrive in a rapidly changing environment;
- Exceptional learner – ability to grasp deep technical concepts quickly;
What you’ll do 🧑💻
- Drive high level of increased community engagement and growth in established areas as well as new verticals across global geographies;
- Create company wide strategy and guidelines for community management and engagement to ensure continued outstanding developer and customer experience;
- Build, recruit, on-board, and coach community management and developers evangelism team – working closely with Peoples team;
- Establish and execute content strategies for increased community engagement and support – working closely with demand generation, support, and documentation teams;
- Guide and ensure the success in the implementation of the community incentive program – working with Developers Evangelists and demand generation team;
- Establish and execute developers / users training and certification program to improve overall community engagement and growth – working with education professionals and technical teams;
- Create, manage and attend internal, external and public events and functions relevant to improved community engagement and growth – working with Events Planning and Management Specialist and technical team;
- Formulate and execute a Hackathon strategy to engage and grow our developer community – working with Developer Evangelist;
- Adapt and extend existing community health and community growth analytic metrics, such as CHAOSS from Linux Foundation, to concretely measure community growth progress; establish sub metrics for measurable team-wide performance and progress;
- Extend and build new partnerships between Rocket.Chat and other well-known global open source communities;
- Identify and promote top key community members to become lead advocates;
- Help build an internal community (within Rocket.Chat) that loves and embraces our external open source community;
- Monitor latest community management and product led growth trends, evaluate and adopt the best practices and tooling to increase community and company staff engagement.
Wherever you are our goal is to make your routine as a Rocketeer feel enjoyable, exciting, and comfortable, so if you are remote or working from our office in Porto Alegre (Brazil) you’ll receive a set of benefits to improve your work experience! They include a flexible schedule, multicultural environment with colleagues in over 30 countries, a vibrant company culture, remote work as you wish, unlimited Paid Time Off, language and tech courses and more!
About Rocket.Chat 🚀
Today one of the largest open-source projects in the world with more than 1000 developers, Rocket.Chat has advanced as a platform that empowers people to collaborate with others, while empowering individual teams to fully customize their platform to meet their unique needs.
As Rocket.Chat we believe in reconnecting the world, one conversation at a time! See yourself in that? So apply now!