🌟 Allow us to introduce ourselves
Ancient Gaming, an innovative software creator for the future of iGaming, bucks the trend that has lacked innovation for two decades. We’re not trend followers; we’re trendsetters. As iGaming pioneers, we challenge the status quo, crafting not just appealing software but a whole new experience for the younger, high-spending generation seeking to reinvent gaming interactions.
Founded in 2018 in Malta, we’ve become a global presence with 50+ dedicated team members spanning 25+ countries. And yes, we’re proudly remote-first!
🚀 Your mission as a Group Head of Legal!
We are seeking a highly qualified and experienced Group Head of Legal to oversee and manage all legal matters related to our iGaming operations across our brand portfolio. As the Group Head of Legal, you will play a critical role in ensuring our compliance with the ever-evolving legal landscape and safeguarding our business interests. Although this is a fully remote role preference will be given to UK or Malta-based candidates.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure that groups’ operations are fully compliant with all local, regional, and international laws and regulations pertaining to iGaming activities.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of contracts, including licensing agreements, supplier contracts, and partnership agreements; mitigate legal risks and provide guidance on contract terms and conditions.
- Be a trusted advisor to the stakeholders in the group on mitigating legal and regulatory risks.
- Stay updated on changes in gaming laws and regulations and advise the company on necessary adjustments and actions to maintain compliance.
- Manage and oversee corporate governance matters, including board meetings, shareholder relations, and company filings.
- Develop and implement company policies and procedures to ensure ethical and legal conduct throughout the organization.
- Develop and lead corporate legal strategy.
- Manage and facilitate the acquisition and renewal of iGaming licenses from relevant regulatory authorities.
- Ensure all license conditions and requirements are met consistently.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with regulatory bodies.
- Handle or oversee legal disputes, litigation, and arbitration proceedings; collaborate with external legal counsel as needed and work towards cost-effective resolutions.
- Protect the company’s intellectual property, trademarks, and patents.
- Collaborate with the Chief Compliance Officer to promote a culture of compliance throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with DPO to Ensure compliance with data protection and privacy laws, including GDPR and other relevant regulations.
- Develop and maintain data protection policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit required regulatory reports and filings; ensure accuracy and timeliness of regulatory submissions.
- Lead and mentor a team of legal professionals, including in-house counsel and legal support.
You will thrive in this role if you have:
- A qualification as a solicitor (with 5 years or more PQE), along with prior experience in iGaming, is a must.
- A wealth of experience in drafting, negotiating, and reviewing complex commercial agreements.
- Ability to analyse complex topics and provide practical advice and solutions.
- Business acumen and commercial awareness with an ability to identify and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
- A strong focus on meeting deadlines and delivering results.
- Exceptional communication skills, able to influence, challenge and exercise sound judgement.
- A willingness to mentor and develop junior members of the legal team.
- A proactive approach to identifying legal risks and proposing practical preventive strategies.
- Team player mindset with the ability to work and build strong relationships with colleagues across different areas of the organisation and various levels of seniority in a multicultural and multinational environment.
- A self-driven nature and is able to take ownership of all tasks and projects and drive them through to completion, while managing competing priorities.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others.
- A high standard of work ethic, always ensuring to complete assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner, assuring the same for tasks assigned to members of your team.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility Policy – It’s about giving you the freedom to structure your workday in a way that best suits your lifestyle and responsibilities outside of work
- Work-from-anywhere Policy – you have the chance to work from anywhere in the world, we are a remote-first company and we are proud of it!
- Every year for our team-building we choose a location and go there to celebrate our achievements together
- A dedicated budget to purchase all the equipment you need to set up your home office
- L&D budget for you to develop your skills!
- Spill Mental Health Service – full access to counselling for any employees who need it
- Young, fun, flat structured rapidly growing company with endless opportunities to grow
This post not only outlines our ideal candidate but also serves as an inspiration for what this role can evolve into. Even if you consider yourself an 80% fit but have a genuine passion for this position, we encourage you to apply. We’re eager to hear from individuals who share our enthusiasm.
Ancient Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.