Chipper Cash is Africa’s modern mobile payments platform. We’re helping friends, families and loved ones stay connected and securely send money across Africa with incredible ease and peace of mind. Our cross-border payments infrastructure also helps merchants and businesses in Africa accept payments on the internet with no friction. Over 3 million users have joined so far and we’re growing very fast. We have raised a total of $52.2M from Jeff Bezos, Joe Montana and some of the most reputable fintech Venture Capital firms in the world to accelerate the growth of financial services within Africa.
We’re looking for a dynamic and globally experienced leader to drive our People, Culture and Talent Acquisition teams through our next phase of growth. As our Global VP of People & Culture you will be a key leader within Chipper, acting as a strategic and tactical operator, developing roadmaps and executing on all people and culture related initiatives. You will drive cultural initiatives, performance management, talent acquisition, engagement and retention, learning and career development, and workforce planning.
- Vision and Strategy: Partner with our leadership team and broader global organization to collaboratively build upon and execute on the long-term vision for all People and Culture functions to help us achieve our overall business goals. Drive initiatives to help maintain a high-performing, collaborative and innovative team
- Values and Culture: Help maintain our core values and ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with our culture and core beliefs. Focus on developing a diverse and inclusive culture that match our global and local team cultures through initiatives that increase diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
- Team Building: Lead and grow a People and Culture team that executes effectively against goals
- Performance Management, Rewards and Recognition: Execute company-wide performance management programs that helps us identify high and low performers and drives continuous, transparent feedback across all disciplines
- Learning and Development: Build scalable learning and organizational development programs that aid in growing our team’s capabilities and drive employee retention
- Talent Acquisition & Workforce Planning: Partner with leaders and talent acquisition team to understand and anticipate hiring and development needs against the capabilities needed to recruit top talent. Prepare updated workforce plans and forecasts that support overall business goals
- HR Compliance: Ensure all procedures comply with global legal regulations and best practices
- Proven experience as a VP/Director of HR or People in a globally diverse and distributed organization, preferably in Tech
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation in a scale-up or growth phase company
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, employee development, recruitment, etc.)
- Track record building and delivering global People programs from the ground up in a fast-growing organization.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Knows how to be thoughtful in balancing both short term and long term initiatives
- A culture-centric leader who can inspire the room
- Resourcefulness, pragmatism and roll-up the sleeves mentality
- Ability to use metrics and analytics
- Knowledge of local and international labor law
- Great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to details
- Is passionate about all things people and loves making a difference for a global employee base
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you! We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.