About the role
The Full Stack Engineer role is responsible for developing and supporting an integrated digital customer journey across all of Humentum’s products and services, including our website, and will be a key strategic contributor to our training, consulting, community, and marketing teams. The role supports the integration of Humentum’s existing product and service applications into a common client-centric experience, many of whom will be working from low-bandwidth countries, supporting the business objectives for each product line to ensure we meet targets for revenue generation and client satisfaction.
- Manage all SSO, SAML and Zapier implementation and maintenance for customer facing applications with our salesforce.com instance.
- Design and maintain a single-user login experience from Humentum.org through the various third-party applications required.
- Design and maintain a single user portal or dashboard for users to access of their Humentum applications, data and content.
- Support escalated technical issues for staff and customers related to customer facing third-party applications including but not limited to Arlo, Higher Logic, NetDimensions (People Fluent), Curatr (Stream), and others.
- Manage the implementation of any new customer facing applications that need to integrate with our customer facing user journey.
- Support the use of third-party APIs across our customer facing digital ecosystem.
- Work with third-party application providers, our web site agency, and other contractors and vendors, as needed to resolve any and all issues, to ensure the highest possible up-time for users.
- Translate brand and user experience guidelines from Marketing into appropriate user experience functionality.
- Manage UX testing and implement recommendations based on findings across the customer applications to continuously optimize the customer experience.
- Contribute to the execution of our digital first strategy.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Learning and Engagement team and Growth Division.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications & experience
- Successful track record supporting high-growth digital services businesses with a global client base
- Familiarity with Agile project management is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrations using third-party APIs; significant experience with Zapier, Salesforce.com and WordPress
- Proven ability to translate client/user needs into digital functionality, using a wide variety of third-party APIs to generate common user experiences
- Experience translating customer needs and wants into systems requirements documentation
- Experience translating organizational brand guidelines and digital assets into a common UX/UI
- Experience with developing customer front-end interfaces and/or implementing UX/UI elements provided by contractors and other developers
- Specific experience with users across Africa is preferred.
The following skills & attributes will come naturally to you:
- Results-oriented developer
- Delivers work on-time, on-budget and to-spec
- Able to troubleshoot complex user experience and/or back-end issues, producing client centric and time-sensitive solutions
- Always curious, always learning, and never afraid to ask questions
- Authentic and inspiring member on a global remote team
- Strong presentations skills with the ability to inspire and energize others on the team
- Ability to listen and build authentic connections with customers and teammates
- Ability to successfully conduct stretch work assignments daily using remote tools and approaches.
It goes without saying, you will have excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English). You will be a self-starter, motivated professionally, with the ability to execute your role, creatively. Some other musts for us; detail-oriented; able to work successfully as part of a global & multi-cultural team as well as independently; proactive, well-organized, be able to multitask; and be comfortable with high volume in a relaxed but fast-paced and remote work environment.
What’s in it for me?
It’s vital to us that all employees feel a sense of belonging. We are all here for one thing; to make change happen for social good. We are a passionately-led organization and seeing our colleagues flourish is our number one goal. We strive to reward, recognize and appreciate high performance and we do all this in an open, honest, positive and respectful culture.
The salary for this role is as set out in Humentum’s Total Rewards, recognition & appreciation policy. The role is Grade D:Step 1 paid on the global scale. Applicants are encouraged to review this policy on our website before applying for open roles.
We also provide our team members with the global benefits plan they need to maintain good health and a work-life balance. As we are a team with employees across many continents, our benefits packages are specific to geographic region, but no matter where you sit they include:
- Remote working & ‘Flexible Fridays’
- Unlimited Time Off, Sick Leave, Employee and Family Leave, Parental Leave, Sabbatical
- Retirement plan with generous employer contribution
- A wellness package including wellness allowance and life assurance
- Opportunities to learn, develop & grow with quarterly ‘Quiet Learning Weeks’
Fancy joining the team?
We are a very diverse team but we can always do better. We are committed to creating an environment where you can be your authentic self every day and welcome the unique contributions that you can bring. If you require an adjustment to our process, as you believe this may affect your ability to be the best version of you, please let us know. We will do what we can to support.
If you think this sounds like a team you would like to join, do not delay. We always get a high level of applications to join our team and reserve the right to close the vacancy before the closing date. Please make sure you complete your application fully. We can only consider applications that provide answers to any posed questions, an up-to-date resume, and cover letter.
Other Related Information
This position is a remote, home-based position that works as part of a wider remote, global team. You must possess both the ability and environment to work virtually: reliable connection to high-speed internet, appropriate environment for leading and participating in virtual meetings with enabled video.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Humentum is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to realizing its Diversity, Equality, Inclusion & Belonging policy. We need your help and co-operation to do this and would appreciate it if you would fill in our Equal Opportunities Monitoring form
Filling in this form is voluntary. There is no link between your identity and the responses on the form and we cannot connect the form to the person who submitted it. The information provided will be aggregated and used for monitoring and to inform DEIB programming decisions. Humentum’s diversity statistics will be shared with key stakeholders but only at the aggregate level.