As Zapier continues to scale our mission to democratize automation, we’re hiring Full Stack Engineers across the organization. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You can build scalable web apps. You have at least 3 years of software development building web-based software products. You’ve worked across the stack, and though you may have more experience with frontend frameworks or with building web services, you can dive into any aspect of an application. Zapier is built on Python, Django, React, Node.js, and AWS. We use modern tools, which means you’ll have the opportunity to work with software like Memcached, RabbitMQ, Zookeeper, Docker, Redis, Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible and much more.
You can build frontend components. You’ve used a modern frontend framework to develop frontend components. You value user experience and think about reuse as well.
You care about users. You spend most of your time coding but are driven by solving user needs. You contribute to design and product strategy discussions with a broad understanding of both the constraints and opportunities created by technology.
You value code quality. You understand that testing your code and good code coverage is essential in delivering a solid product. You know how to document well and lean on automation whenever possible. You have an understanding of tech debt and can formulate a plan to address it, but know how to ship production-ready code.
You have a systems-oriented mindset. You’re inquisitive. You build a deep understanding of problems and are good at spotting patterns. You understand how to design and implement end-to-end software systems.
You value our values. At Zapier, our values are at the heart of how we work together and how we think about our customers. As a remote-first company, our values help develop trust and ensure we collaborate effectively to democratize automation. You recognize how our values can empower meaningful work, you thrive in a collaborative setting, you are eager to continue growing, and you’re excited to be part of the team.
Things You’ll Do
Zapier is a fast-growing, remote-first company. You’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Building and scaling web products that directly impact our customers or partners
- Developing frontend components and UIs that are reusable and highly performant
- Design and build RESTful APIs to be used in a front-end application
- Run experiments to learn what techniques work best at keeping users engaged and informed
- Monitor reliability and performance through dashboards and tools to ensure availability
- Dig into bugs and feature requests
- Work with teams and stakeholders across Zapier to help them deliver value to customers in new and exciting ways
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible
The Whole Package
Location: Remote (UTC -2 to UTC -8)
Our fully remote, distributed environment enables us to work with awesome people from around the world. Our team members work from 38 different countries. We generally hire based on timezones and try to keep teams together by making sure that every Zapien overlaps with their manager & teammates for at least a few hours a day.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Fertility and Adoption Assistance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Take the time you need to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 10 days off each year. Most of us take 25 days off per year for vacation & holidays, plus whatever sick time we need.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we support Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare plans are available in the UK, Canada, and United States. Retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States. A regional benefits premium is added directly to the salary ranges for team members who are in countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits. When recommendations are made for base salary, the benefits premium has already been factored in.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We are looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer and we’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone’s identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.