Location: South Africa or EMEA Remote
What you’ll get to do…
You will be joining our Content Engineering team. We are in the processing of rethinking how we create, store, and serve our massive content library to our customers, enabling them to create without boundaries. This involves rethinking all aspects of the content pipeline, including how we store, schedule, search and serve the content.
Your role specifically will involve helping create the new version of our content CMS web application and back-end services, an internal tool suite that enables our content designers and curators to acquire and manage our massive content library in the most effective way.
As a web developer on our team, you will:
- Work and collaborate remotely with out global teams
- Have flexible hours as you are working with teams in different time zones
- Design, build, support and enhance some of the most important parts of our systems and client-facing applications
- Ensure software adheres to the relevant coding standard
Your experience should include…
- 3+ years of professional experience in React
- 2+ years of professional experience in Java/Kotlin/Go (preferably Go)
- Creating and consuming web services (REST / JSON)
- Good knowledge of Git/GitHub
- Experience with build/task automation
You might also have…
- Experience working in cross-functional, agile teams (SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
- Passion for technology
We’ve got your back…
About us… Over puts the power to inspire the world, build a business, or grow your brand – in the palm of your hand. You can create impactful visual content in just a few taps, with no design experience necessary. We’ve joined forces with GoDaddy on its mission to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures.
At Over we believe that Creativity is the magical act of making change happen.
It’s the power to reinvent yourself and the sorcery of making something out of nothing.
It’s also the terror of a blank page; a rough destination with no directions.
But with the right tools, creativity turns any obstacle course into a playground.
So we take the hard parts out, so our users can focus on the joy of making change happen
Our users are ambitious, driven, and highly creative go-getters, entrepreneurs and dreamers, and we make it our mission to ensure they’re equipped with the tools and knowledge to make their mark on the world – whatever that may be.
We have an incredibly talented team of inspiring individuals, who have worked tirelessly to make Over into the wonderful product it is today. Together, we’re inspiring the world to create, one design at a time.
We’re an award winning (yes! You read that right – we’re one of Apple’s 2019 apps of the year in the ‘Storytelling Simplified’ category) with a distributed team spanning a wide range of locations – and we’re constantly growing.