Frontend Developer (Remote/Europe) – React/TypeScript
Who are we?
We’re a software development company building the world’s Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™. Customers use our platform to scope any software project and are then paired with a fully managed Elastic Team of the world’s best permanent freelancers that deliver it.
We have recently secured £5m in Series A funding from Guinness Asset Management and are now hiring a number of exciting roles to add to our fully remote team for exceptional growth ahead.
As a member of the team, you’ll be working with scientists, engineers, product managers, salespeople, and operational leaders from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about work.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
Elastic Team Frontend Developer
As a Distributed Elastic Team Frontend Developer, you’re responsible for a portfolio of technical projects. You’ll need to be comfortable presenting ideas for system improvements, whilst working closely with analysts, QA’s, designers, and other people on your team, producing detailed specifications and writing the program codes, testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
Industry agnostic, our Elastic Teams have delivered products for everyone, from multinational banks to bleeding-edge tech start-ups building their first products.
- Design and develop application features for client products using modern frameworks and design patterns.
- Oversee and ensure the quality of the application architecture.
- Deliver new product features as part of the agile product development team.
- Work with UX/UI designers to innovate free-flowing and easy-to-use applications.
- Integrating APIs with the database team so end users can see large datasets with ease.
- Monitor, investigate, and resolve production issues.
- Suggest new ideas to improve the current application.
We use a range of tools and technologies to complete projects for our customers. Our developers are passionate technologists who enjoy learning new technologies.
As a Frontend Developer your core technologies will be;
- HTML, CSS
We also use tools such as GraphQL and Apollo client so any experience with these would be really useful.
- Clear, concise & engaging communicator with people on your team
- Enjoys both the big picture and the detail; excellent at both
- Efficient and agile management of various projects simultaneously and determining priorities and deadlines, whilst working well under pressure
- A passion for creating great user experiences
- A focus on web performance – understanding how to measure and improve core web vitals
- Experience with migrating front-end stack to more modern practices
- You’re a self-starter full of initiative, you get excited about designing and implementing complex software delivery