We are looking for a passionate iOS developer to join our cross-functional product team. Together we will create features that bring great value to our users and have a long-lasting impact on them and their joyful learning experience.
- Building and improving our Fretello iOS app
- Defining architecture and common practices to increase development and deployment speed
- Writing code that is easy to read, maintain, test, and follows proven practices
- Creating adaptable UIs using Auto Layout or SwiftUI for iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Working in a cross-functional team, helping to actively shape our product’s future
- Putting in that little extra with every commit to deliver an outstanding app
What to bring along:
- At least 4 years of practical experience with developing iOS apps
- Excellent command of Swift and expert knowledge of iOS frameworks
- Experience with functional reactive programming
- In-depth experience with different architectures for iOS apps (e.g. MVC, MVVM)
- Knowledge about effective Xcode usage and how to debug different kinds of errors
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery as well as test-driven development
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills and a strong sense of ownership
- Proactive self-starter with a positive mindset and a desire to learn
Our tech stack:
- iOS Frameworks: mix of SwiftUI/UIKit and Combine/RxSwift
- IDEs: XCode, Android Studio
- Cloud: Amazon AWS
- Frontend, Backend & DB: React, Express, Postgres
- Design: Figma
- Testing: XCTest/XCUITest, Espresso, MockK, Waldo.io
- Deployment: Fastlane, Bitrise, Bitbucket Pipeline, Firebase App Distribution
- Machine Learning: Python, Tensorflow, Keras, powerful on-premise hardware
What we offer:
- Personal time off (25 days paid leave per year)
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10:00 to 14:00)
- 38.5 hour work-week (overtime compensated as time-off 1:1)
- Remote first work setup and mindset
- A small team (25-30) with lots of individual impact and responsibility
- Fun, relaxed, and regular remote team events and onsite team retreats
- Shared and lived values: Agility, Curiosity, Unity, Transparency, and Empathy
- An emphasis on continuous learning and growth
- Mental wellbeing initiatives such as weekly yoga, Mindfulness Wednesdays, and optional paid external therapy sessions
Your contact: Stephanie Süllwald (Talent Scout)
Our salary range starts at an annual compensation of EUR 45.000 to a maximum of EUR 60.000 if you tick all of the boxes. Your actual offer will depend on your skills and experience.
Time zone preference: +/- 5 hours of difference from CET.
About Fretello GmbH
With our AI-based guitar learning app Fretello, we empower people to express themselves through music. This experience can look different for every user as our learning content is customizable and adapted to the experience level. Our app not only allows our users to learn, practice, and play the guitar, Fretello provides real-time feedback and enables our users to follow a learn path, choose customizable practice sessions, or learn how to play their favorite songs to perform them in front of their friends and family or even on a big stage.
Founded in 2016 by Florian Lettner and Wolfgang Damm, we have ever since grown into a warm-hearted and passionate bunch of 25+ people. Not only do we strive for simplicity and iterative improvements when it comes to our app but also in the way we are working together. Our team collaborates remotely from all corners of the world or on-site in our office facilities in Linz to offer the best possible music learning experience to our users. In addition to being passionate about our product, we Fretellians value transparency, flexibility, curiosity, ownership, and foster an appreciative team environment where we support and push each other.