Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travelers, data and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Technical Product Owner (TPO) to help building the best property and content mapping product that enables findhotel.net to serve great content to every traveller in the world. You will be joining our Content and Mapping squad part of the Meta Platform Tribe. You will work closely with other POs using your product, the tribe leader and the Head of Engineering. You will have a leading role in shaping the property and content mapping product. This product is in the core of any accommodation that we serve on findhotel.net. Hence, you have the opportunity to make significant impact. Lastly, you will be actively engaging with your squad to ensure that the focus is on the product capabilities that deliver most value to our customers. Together you will be solving complex mapping problems building the best accommodation inventory in the industry.
Are you interested in the tech stack? We use Go, Python, AWS (Step functions, lambda functions, S3, EC2, Snowflake, and more.) We are building a solid mapping and content merging pipelines. We have tons of unanswered questions and opportunities to enhance the existing services and build new ones.
What you will actually be doing / responsibilities
– Own our content and mapping services end-to-end.
– Working with the rest of the business and the leadership team to understand requirements and set our priorities, to successfully own and define the product strategy and roadmap.
– Own the content services backlog and its execution.
– You help to discover new features, define enhancements, write requirements, prioritise and lead the squad with clear and well-articulated “what”.
– Work relentlessly to make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance are key for all successful teams at FindHotel.
– Always be up-to-date on the latest technologies, our tech stack and changes in our industry especially in the content space. You want to be on the cutting edge of everything you and the squad do.
What a day in the office might look like
For product owners at findhotel.net no two days are alike. However, this is what an “average” day would look like.
You’ll start your day staring at a dashboard full of metrics and KPIs related to your squad accompanied by a cup of coffee from our highly curated coffee provider. Given that everything is OK and you are satisfied with what you see, you’ll jump on the squad’s daily standup where you’ll sync on the progress. Following up on the items that turned up in the daily standup, you’ll spend some time with your squad members to help them progress and if necessary – “unlock” them.
Before launch, you’ll participate in a meeting, either with all the stakeholders as part of the weekly routine or with other POs and colleagues to sync on the latest cross-company initiative that you’re leading.
After a good lunch, delivered from a different restaurant every day, you’ll spend some time discovering new opportunities with the content we have in our possession. Maybe you will even play with some SQL to discover data you need to make a decision in our data lake. You will be planning your squad’s future endeavours, whether it’s aligning the roadmap, working with Data Analysts or writing detailed requirements.
Who we are looking for / requirements
– You have BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a technical field.
– You have experience working as a product owner, or similar, in high performing teams that have built and deployed large scale services.
– You have a successful track record of shipping applications and services.
– You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done.
– You know how to work with data, utilize it and when required – get your product to produce it.
– You always strive for clarity and transparency. You are an excellent communicator that can effectively collaborate both with engineers and -business stakeholders.
– You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation and in a variety of contexts.
– You have experience with data-driven product development and worked according to agile methodologies.
– You are passionate about solving problems, and able to translate those solutions into requirements that your team can execute on
Why join now?
– This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features
– We are in fast growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% YOY for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years
– Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
Is FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO’s blog post
What we offer:
– Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
– A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
– A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
– Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely – we measure results, not time spent in the office.
– You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
– We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden
FindHotel dares take the path no other consumer travel company dared since the founding days of Booking.com & Skyscanner: Build a global travel disrupter without huge financing.
Having grown our bookings by +100% in each of the past 2 years, we helped over 1.3M travellers in the year through May 2020 book great accommodation deals, anywhere in the world. Now we are looking to rapidly grow that figure in 2020 despite the challenges of the Coronavirus.
Built with passion in Amsterdam & and now increasingly remotely (with team members living in PL, RU, ES, BR, PT, IL, US)
Amsterdam in particular and The Netherlands in general are terrific places to live, and in times of great crises, a great place to have a company HQ (see our founder's note on the support we received).
We are growing more towards remote work even from the NL contributors (albeit in a hybrid fashion) and are now open for full-time remote function for all roles, with preference for EU timezone.
The challenge in the travel industry is also a great opportunity
Having survived the coronavirus with the full team, we are growing more ambitious in our goal as we seek to build a category leader in distributing the best accommodation deals to travellers, partners and businesses around the world.
We believe that the 2020's are the best time to scale a travel company in over two decades, and are looking for hungry & accomplished leaders & contributors to help us build a world class travel company.
Reach out and join us for the ride - > It won't be smooth, but oh, the places we will go!