Lingokids’ mission is to help 100 million families worldwide raise amazing kids through playlearning™.
Through play and interactive technology, Lingokids delivers premium, modern learning through educational subjects and life skills so kids can thrive as confident, conscious, resilient, lifelong learners — ready for school and today’s ever-changing world.
To help us on this mission, we’re looking for an exceptional Financial Accountant to join the team.
Are you ready for Playlearning?™
As a Financial Accountant, you will play a key role in performing accounting activities and ensuring accuracy and compliance. You’ll be at the heart of our financial operations, contributing to the success and growth of our organization. Be prepared to engage with a variety of financial tasks, embrace challenges, and leave a significant mark on our financial health and efficiency.
- Accounts Payables: Process vendor invoices accurately and in a timely manner. Verify and reconcile vendor statements, addressing discrepancies as needed. Monitor and manage vendor relationships, resolving any payment-related inquiries. Maintain Vendor Master, create, update banking info etc.
- Accounts Receivable: Generate and send customer invoices per request. Record and apply customer payments, ensuring accuracy and completeness. Reconcile customer accounts
- General Accounting & Tax: Maintain accurate and up-to-date general ledger entries (prepayments, accruals etc..). Fixed Asset accounting. Profound understanding of EU-Vat regulations and SII reporting in Spain. Assistance in budget controlling and preparation for the admin department.
- Employee travel and training cost processing.
- Bank & Treasury, all bank-related gl entries, in and outgoing payments. bank reconciliations, preparation of payment proposals, and payment processing in banking portals.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency gains in the AP/AR area. Proactively contribute to the development and enhancement of financial policies. Execute and support special projects as new tool implementations or audit requests.
We operate as a non-traditional finance team that transcends the conventional boundaries of (AP), (AR), Treasury, etc… Our approach is cross-functional, requiring active collaboration across various financial domains. Everybody is an expert in a specific area and has clear responsibilities but in challenging times, we anticipate your readiness to contribute across specializations. Simultaneously, you can trust in the collective support of team members whenever assistance is needed.
- The ideal teammate for us would be someone widely experienced in accounting and reporting, recording journal entries, accounts payables and receivables, and preparing accruals and reconciliations.
- It would also be great if you are comfortable with a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Advanced use of Excel and experience in accounting ERPs is required.
- Proficiency in using accounting software such as Dynamics Nav, SAP or Oracle is essential.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team, and we are providing a service in English so, we don’t care about certificates, but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. We have become a fully remote company so, we believe that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
Experience working closely with non-technical stakeholders to refine requirements and bring them to life is a must.
Life at Lingokids
🏡 Remote working: you can choose to work remotely from within your country or visit our offices if you live in Madrid.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
💳 Flexible compensation: you’ll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportations into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you’ll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously! We have a real-time and honest feedback culture, and a formal 360º assessment every 6 months.
If you think you don’t tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team!