Remofirst empowers employers to be free from geographical boundaries when accessing talent, allowing employees to pursue opportunities wherever they may exist. We are on a mission to be the FIRST to truly revolutionize the industry and be a generational company.
Our platform offers a full-range people management tool, employee benefits like health insurance, and financial benefits, and enables clients to hire anyone from anywhere with one click. Remofirst manages employees and contractors for Fortune 500 companies and the best startups worldwide.
We are a small but strong team of 60+ people (and growing) hyper-focused on delivering a world-class platform and unparalleled service with our industry-leading partnerships. To help accelerate our growth and pace of delivery, we are looking for talented Product Owners to take charge of our various product lines from discovery to delivery.
As a Finance Operations Manager at Remofirst, you’ll be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and reviewing payroll processing systems to ensure the timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions, including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions. Also, you’ll establish relationships with various decision-makers within our ecosystem while preparing and maintaining accurate records and financial reports related to budgets, expenses, payroll transactions, etc. We are in the process of building out a world-class HR solution, and we’re bringing together a team of leaders with a passion for developing and growing.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building systems and processes for a more automated payroll and reconciliation experience for our customers
- Implement, maintain and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions, including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates, including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Ensure compliance with state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and financial reports related to budgets, expenses, payroll transactions, etc.
- Day-to-day support your team with related requests.
- Ensuring all relevant data is covered and reconciled
- Ensuring any reconciliation breaks are thoroughly investigated and remediated on a timely basis, considering both tactical and strategic initiatives
- Providing reconciled data for accountants and regulators
- Communicating with internal stakeholders to resolve queries
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 years of experience as a Finance, Payroll, or Accountant.
- Experience in building processes, systems, or products.
How you’ll work:
- Upper-Intermediate English is a must.
- Communication skills, as we’re working with many people from all over the world, it’s important for us to communicate, quickly adapt, and relay information in different ways.
- Time Management: you will need to be good at structuring your work day and tasks to make sure you accomplish all those things whilst maintaining the time-zone differences and a work-life balance.
- Collaborative: we love to work together with all sorts of different people in all sorts of different places. Everyone’s opinion matters to get the job done.
- Independent and autonomous: as we work, we’re naturally independent. As much as we’re connected you will also need to use your own initiative to solve problems and get answers; this also means reaching out to us to get help or confirm a solution.
- Analysis: you will use analytical skills when working with payrolls, finance reports, creating budgets, and forecasting profit and loss. You need to be able to look at all options in order to present a comprehensive, understandable analysis.
- Attention to detail: will help you to maintain accuracy when dealing with numbers. Since you’ll oversee how and where a company spends the money and how and where it accumulates profit, you must divide your attention to the many financial functions of a business.
- Organization skills: will help you deal with many different financial documents including spreadsheets, contracts, calculations, and projections.
- Motivated: we want our team to be passionate about our mission. Freedom of work applies not only to our customers but to ourselves. Additionally, you will need motivation and initiative to identify and/or support tasks that need to be improved without being asked.
Why work at Remofirst?
- Startup environment. Remofirst is an early-stage start-up. You have a voice, and can influence and grow rapidly.
- Build & Scale From Scratch. Experience hyper-growth scale and help us build a great team of professionals worldwide that can help us achieve this ambitious vision.
- Work for a Market Leader. Scale a project that counts market-leading companies like Microsoft, Mastercard, and more as happy customers.
- Compensation and perks are great! Competitive compensation. Work equipment of your choice 100% remote work. Unlimited PTO
- Culture. We lead with respect, kindness, and the right to fail. We value hard, yet smart work. Diversity and inclusion are part of our DNA. As we grow and evolve, we welcome your input to help us define our culture further.
Please note: All of our salaries are in USD and will be converted to your local currency with a fixed FX rate.