Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app, Hint, with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness, and we launched a mobile fitness app, Able, this year.
We are seeking a hands-on Financial Director to join our team to drive the global mobile apps business forward. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced, profitable and fast-growing start-up with the opportunity to create high-quality products.
Reporting to the CEO, this role will be responsible for all things finance – managing the team, setting policies, managing day to day execution, and being an integral part of our strategy. You’ll lead and coach the team and also partner with external accountants, auditors and consultants. We are looking for someone who is an agile and out of the box thinker while being very detailed and process-oriented.
You’ll also be responsible for making sure we’re spending money with transparency and control. We have robust foundational financial controls and processes in place. As we continue to grow, you have full remit to create new processes, introduce new technologies, make suggestions, and determine how we can do things better. We use the most up-to-date tech stack and trying to automate everything we can, so we’re looking for someone like-minded who could apply this approach to the Finance department.
Ruby Labs is currently at 35M$ ARR and shooting to multiply its revenue by 2x by the end of this year while operating 4 legal entities: US (sales), UK (sales & admin), Malta (IP), Malta (Holding).
- Be the right hand and finance-oriented business partner to our founders (CEO & COO) for strategic decisions
- Manage financial and tax planning, financial operations, budgeting, compliance, and expenditures
- Create new processes, make suggestions, and tell us we’re doing things wrong
- Analysis, review, and reporting of financial data and financial performance
- Break complexity into smaller bite-sized pieces and enjoy solving difficult challenges
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ and be forward-thinking in relation to growth, budgets and capital allocation
- 5+ years of senior strategic finance professional experiences within a start-up or scale-up SaaS business
- A Bachelors/Masters degree in Finance
- CFA/CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification or similar
- Experience putting together processes for cash management, financial control, processes & risk management
- Proven ability to be organised and prioritise- we are a very fast-paced organisation with a lot going on
- Confident presentation and negotiation skills
- Extensive experience with revenue recognition/B2C credit cards processing is a plus
- Successful funding or M&A experience is plus
You will be joining a strong team of ~70 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions… which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow some of the most exciting astrology and fitness products which will shape the future of how people consume these services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we’re able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
Kindness is what drives us. By that, we mean the way we treat each other. We make it our mission to choose people who show respect and empathy.
We want everyone to feel included, seen, comfortable, and confident to be themselves. We’ve had the privilege of cherry-picking our team on an international scale and we encourage diversity to gain insight into a range of cultures (and climates!).
We know there’s more to life than work. Our flexible and remote approach allows us to look after ourselves, while still enjoying a job we love.
Every day is a learning curve at Ruby Labs, and we aim to keep it that way. As a start-up, we’re always experimenting. We welcome new ideas and a fresh perspective. If you know something we don’t, then we want to hear it. Learning is ingrained in our culture; every opportunity is a lesson to be learned.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).