The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day. The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Revolut’s Global Legal team is looking for a talented, pragmatic and innovative employment counsel with 3-6 years of post qualified experience to join its Global Employment Law team. This position will be based in Krakow, Poland and will report into the leader of this group, who is based at the Company’s global headquarters in London, UK. In this position, you will provide advice and counsel to local management and the Human Resources team on a broad range of employment issues including: recruiting; hiring; employee relations; discipline and terminations; European working time compliance (including shift working, overtime), internal investigations; leaves of absence; discrimination and harassment issues; global mobility issues; contingent worker issues; employee GDPR and privacy issues; compensation, benefits, bonus and equity awards; employment litigation; negotiated exits and settlements.
WHAT WE NEED
The ideal candidate will have the skills and ability to independently and proactively support a preventive employment approach and to develop and train on best-practices guidelines and policies, while responding to and completing projects in an innovative and fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will also:
– Possess strong knowledge of employment laws in Poland with experience in practical applications.
– Be a qualified lawyer in Poland (3-6 years experience) and in good standing, primarily practising employment law.
– Customer call centre and financial regulatory experience is preferred.
– Interest in cross border employment law (other than Poland) is a plus
– Proficient in spoken and written English and command strong legal research skills.
– Be able to organise, prioritise and work under pressure and tight timelines.
– Have the ability to think analytically and pragmatically and provide innovative, proactive advice and guidance.
– Experience in working for a global and culturally diverse organisation.
– Be able to develop and foster partnerships with key stakeholders across the company and with Corporate HQ.
– Be passionate about technology and have the desire to work for a dynamic global Fintech company.
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people – we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes – working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Life insurance
• Private medical care
• Multisport card