The Mobile team at Empatica is the cross link between our wearable devices, where data are collected, and the cloud infrastructure, where data are analysed.
As an Android Developer you will be responsible for developing and improving our Android mobile apps, by designing, building and maintaining a stable, reliable, and extensible architecture, for both the consumer and the research ecosystem. You will interact and collaborate with team members from many different area: firmware, data science, design, and cloud.
In addition, working together with other Mobile Developers you will:
- Help to improve processes around modularization, testability, automation, and quality of the codebase.
- Bring your Android expertise to drive technical decisions
- Contribute to the design of the application architecture and its modules
- Be responsible of aligning company direction with sound technical decisions
- Keep the team accountable of good engineering practices, by leading by example
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has a BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Has minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar role ( senior candidates are welcomed as well)
- Possesses strong functional and reactive programming skills with Kotlin and C (Using Android NDK)
- Has experience with the latest Android Technologies and Best Practices: kotlinx, Jetpack, Serialization, KotlinNative/Multiplatforms
- Is knowledgable about Continuous Integration workflows (like Github Actions, Bitrise)
- Is familiar working with iOS developers and have ability to read and understand Swift code
- Is experienced in developing testing suites, for Android applications: Unit Tests, Instrumented Tests, UI Tests with tools like espresso
You and Empatica would be a perfect match if you are:
- A very quick learner
- Fun and easy to work with
- A hard-worker and collaborative
- A doer, with an excellent execution mindset
- Proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
- An outstanding planner, with excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Focused on quality and excellence
- Flexible in terms of working time
- A problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Passionate about our products and our mission
We are a digital healthcare company specialized in building AI systems to monitor people’s health. Since 2013, we have been making beautifully designed wearables, software platforms and tools, and advanced algorithms, unlocking better health outcomes for thousands of people.
Our customers range from some of the world’s largest institutions to individual users who message us every day and tell us how our products changed their lives. Our newest wearable, EmbracePlus, is sponsored by NASA and will be used to monitor the health of the astronauts onboard the first ever manned mission to Mars. Pharmaceutical companies are using our research platform to fast-track the development of new treatments, while hundreds of academic researchers publish new discoveries on human behavior weekly, all made possible by our E4 smartband and software tools.
And we just partnered with the US’ Department of Health and Human Services to accelerate the release our wearable COVID-19 early detection system.
If you are looking to join a fast-paced growth environment and do meaningful work that can really make a change in people’s lives, keep reading.
Life at Empatica
You will join a fast-growing, diverse team of 70+ brilliantly talented humans, who care passionately about what we do and the difference we are making in the world. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with engineers, data scientists, and designers, across all levels of the organization.
At Empatica, we believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery, and purpose. We also believe in flexibility, so you will have the opportunity to work remotely in this position.
All you need to do is show us that you have skills and that you are a team player. Once you join our team as an Android Developer, you will have full control of your schedule and can decide when you'll work from the comfort of your home or when you'll prefer to mingle with your awesome team members in the office.
If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
- Highly competitive salary
- We have offices in Milan City Center and Downtown Boston. And every summer, we hold an amazing beach retreat in Sardinia, Italy
- Free lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- Your personal MacBook
- Flexible working hours
- Free, superior Italian coffee - of course
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...
At Empatica, we support the personal and professional growth of our employees. Beyond the above, you’ll have the possibility to attend conferences, receive dedicated training, and participate in activities relevant to where you want your career to go.