About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce by raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services. To help power 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, Shopify is always growing and finding new ways to create more value for commerce businesses around the world.
Products are at the core of each of those businesses, and finding the right ones to sell is one of the main challenges for aspiring entrepreneurs and established curators. The Product Sourcing team is building tools to help with that.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Email Marketing Manager who is passionate about entrepreneurship, ecommerce, and digital marketing. Your task will be to build and run email marketing campaigns to grow Shopify’s audience and products with email marketing. You will work with content marketers, designers, and engineers to elevate our email marketing initiatives to a level above best-in-class.
We are looking for someone who will grow with us for many years. Your role and tasks will expand and change as the company evolves and grows. This is an entrepreneurial environment and things move quickly! You up for it?
What you will be working on?
- Build and run automated, lifecycle, and ad hoc email campaigns.
- Improving the onboarding, engagement, and retention of our merchant base.
- Testing, measuring, and optimizing the impact of email marketing campaigns.
- Collaborating with other teams to grow Shopify products with email marketing.
- Build HTML emails and reusable templates.
- Writing SQL queries to ensure that prospects and merchants receive relevant, timely information.
- Ensuring our emails follow industry standards and best practices.
Relevant experience and skills for the role:
- Experience with Email & Marketing Automation including experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other Marketing automation platforms.
- Building complex marketing automations & user journeys.
- Excellent grasp of best practices for email marketing and design (CAN-SPAM, GDPR, Email Deliverability).
- Experience with editing tools such as Photoshop for image resizing Good knowledge in HTML and CSS.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Being a native English speaker, and a wordsmith at that, is preferred but not required.
What do we offer?
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management.
- A healthy work-life balance with benefits such as parental leave, childcare benefits, and flexible work hours to give you more time for the things you care about most.
- Being part of a team that’s genuinely committed to making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their experience level.
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career.
- Building strong relationships with your teammates in a culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Luke is looking forward to reading your application.
Closing date: Monday, June 22nd at 5pm GMT.
Still looking? View the latest remote jobs here >>> euremotejobs.com/jobs/