Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different?
Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
The PR and Communications team manages Kraken’s reputation and oversees all aspects of the external communications strategy and execution globally.
- The Director of Commercial Communications will inspire and support the team responsible for building and executing communications programs in support of Kraken’s products and services targeted at consumers, advanced traders and institutions globally.
- Develop and execute an integrated external communications strategy aligned to Kraken’s key business goals aimed at advancing the company’s brand with key stakeholders across priority geographies.
- Develop strategies that expand Kraken’s thought leadership positioning across client segments and work with the team in executing and expanding reach to new audiences through unique approaches to storytelling.
- Develop and expand Kraken’s bench of spokespeople, including building out key strategic messaging at the executive, product and segment level.
- Manage and mentor communications team members to continue leveling up comms strategy and skills.
- Prepare communications materials including company announcements, talking points, media statements, speaker submissions, pitches and briefing materials.
- Build connectivity with multiple stakeholders including business partners, marketing partners, the communications team and key external agencies.
Skills You Should HODL
- Bachelor’s degree required along with 10 years of proven experience leading and executing communications programs and initiatives, crypto experience preferred.
- Highly proactive, determined and results driven.
- Outstanding writing, editing and communications strategy skills. A hands on contributor with an ability to translate complex topics and capture the views and voices of senior leaders.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed workforce and managing complex communications challenges.
- Experience working directly with executives to enhance executive presence, deliver strong messaging and improve presentation/interview skills.
- A team player with a track record of success delivering high quality work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience leading, mentoring and scaling communications teams
- Knowledgable and passionate about the crypto industry
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.