Flexible work location across Ireland
- Whether you want to be in the office (once Covid-19 ends), fully remote from anywhere in Ireland, or a mix of office/remote work in Ireland, you choose what works best for your lifestyle.
There’s lots of things that make this a standout role for you.
For starters you can work remotely anywhere in Ireland.
- Meaning a better work life balance and freedom to choose your work location for you.
You get to combine your experience & passion for law, with working in a company that’s a catalyst for change in the legal industry, building AI-powered technology for corporate legal departments.
- Our Software is used by enterprise legal teams the world over.
- This means you “get” what we do. And you’re able to leverage that understanding, to be a trusted partner, who speaks the language of the business.
This is a role with lots of variety.
- You’ll get exposure to a broad and deep variety of legal matters, with a global focus (We have offices in Ireland, USA, Sydney).
- This means you won’t be siloed into a narrow area. You’ll continue growing and keeping your legal knowledge up to date.
As our Director of Legal & Compliance, you’ll get the opportunity to join a mid- sized startup that is scaling rapidly.
- This gives you the chance to come in and influence the direction of the role and set the standard for what great looks like in Legal & Compliance.
- The role reports to our Co-Founder Alex (who previously worked as a lawyer).
- And we’re investing in this role and offering Equity, Competitive Salary, Bonus and a range of company benefits (listed below).
What you’ll be helping us Achieve
As an experienced commercial lawyer, you’ll be measured on output and results, not hours worked.
- You’ll be applying your expertise, helping us mitigate risks, and ensuring robust legal oversight
- You’ll take ownership for all corporate governance across the company. Yours’ will be the trusted partner voice. You’ll be guiding and advising our Executive Management and Board on all corporate matters, including M&A, financing and shareholder matters
- You’ll be responsible for drafting and negotiating software license agreements.
- You’ll be our GDPR data protection and privacy matters expert. This means using your GDPR skills across several areas, including customer data, commercial contracts and HR
- You will advise on IP issues and work with external counsel to manage our IP portfolio of trade marks, patents and domain names
- You’ll also be advising on, and coordinating with, outside Legal Counsel on a variety of other matters including competition law, employment, equity compensation and real estate matters.
You’ll also take overall responsibility for our Compliance programmes (specifically SOC 1, SOC 2 and IS ISO27001). This includes;
- Risk assessment, policy management and audit coordination
- Partnering with our Information Security Lead/Manager and IT team on IT Compliance areas
- Managing a compliance professional, who’ll support us in ensuring we run an effective compliance programme and maintain our certifications.
- This role will cover Legal and Compliance matters for our offices in Dublin, USA and Sydney (although your work hours will be Ireland times).
Skills and Experience
To be successful in the role you’ll;
- Have a strong ability to quickly assimilate new legal/compliance areas and provide pragmatic advice responsively to the business
- Be a qualified lawyer, either in Ireland, the UK or United States
- 8+years post qualification experience
- Have worked in a corporate law firm and/or in a corporate legal team
- Have worked in a role that’s had a global focus.(e.g USA/ EMEA).
Supporting your progression and growth
At Brightflag, your work makes a real difference, your contribution is seen, and your work is valued. You control the speed and pace at which you want your career with us to accelerate.
We’re growing fast and so are our benefits.
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Flexible work location across Ireland
- 25 days holidays
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work!
- Comprehensive health insurance with Irish Life
- Educational Assistance policy (incl study leave) to support your development
- The Tax-Saver or Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Reading is important, therefore we offer an outstanding Book Worm Scheme benefit
- Wellness Programs and a focus on Work Life balance.
We are a diverse and inclusive bunch of people. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who make every day count and strive for constant improvement. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Note re Eligibility to Work in Ireland
- Your time is valuable. To help with your application, we advise that regrettably we cannot offer work permit sponsorship/ self sponsorship for this role.
We’re one of the fastest growing tech-startups in the legal world. We’ve recently announced the completion of a $28 million growth equity investment to continue our mission to transform legal spend management.
We’re achieving this by combining AI, Machine Learning and a range of technologies to deliver a data driven, legal spend management platform. Our SaaS platform allows our customers to analyse legal bills, drive cost savings and automate time intensive processes. It also extracts rich insights, used to make data-driven decisions, at every step of the legal spend lifecycle.
Browse the latest remote jobs in Ireland