Transform the communications world! Location? You decide!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
Our Birds choose where they work from in the region we’re hiring in — this could be from one of our MessageBird hubs (Amsterdam, Singapore or Bogota) or remotely so long as it’s within a complementary timezone…. Want to work from a rural retreat? Sure, no problem! How about a bustling city getaway for a few weeks? Go ahead!
We understand that “life happens” and give you the freedom to choose the best environment for you to “get shit done”. We expand our flock without geographical restrictions. This allows us to attract and assemble an industry leading team from a huge variety of backgrounds & cultures, making us more nimble, creative, and efficient!
Director, Global Customer Support | Remotely from EMEA
As the Director, Global Support you will closely collaborate across the entire company, including partnering with the rest of the Customer Experience organization, as well as our internal product and engineering teams to align our products and services to improve the customer experience, lead the customer support team through managing regional support leaders as well as individual contributors.
You will help drive the product roadmap and implementation of customer-facing systems, gather and report on data to help drive business decisions. While at the same time, you are ready to have a call with a customer or partner with sales to help unblock a deal that is pending resolution.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee a global, follow-the-sun support team, while also willing to roll up your sleeves and take a customer escalation on.
- Take the lead on projects and initiatives to improve the customer experience.
- Define what success looks like for our team globally, document a plan and execute on it, providing regular updates to leadership.
- Gather and provide recurring data to the management team to help drive business decisions in both the short and long term.
- Development and appraisals: reviewing, analysis, and management of customer-facing and staff resources in order to increase customer experience
- Work closely with individuals and teams that you rely on for projects and initiatives that are necessary for you and your team’s success.
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years experience in a similar role, within a B2B software company, ideally with telecommunications, and/or SaaS experience.
- Hands-on experience building and managing 24×7 global post-sales teams.
- Capability to attract, empower, retain and develop people.
- Familiarity with the XPaaS sector and customer expectations of reliability that comes with it.
- Has previously held Director level or above at at least 1 previous company.
- Designed, built and integrated on a multi-tier support organization.
- Experience scaling teams and processes to support 10x growth, in multi-continents.
- A sense of humor is essential to enjoying working with and supporting customers and coworkers.
What You’ll Gain
- Work from anywhere
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- WFH set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)