Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a bad credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the thousands of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to drive a fast growing global organization’s expansion and build a solid operational foundation for multiple markets in Europe. You will be working in a team with a diverse cultural background in a regulated market to successfully build a presence in Europe. Working in multiple jurisdictions and as a remote team will be both a challenge and an opportunity for you to add significant value. To help in succeed you will be able to utilize Sezzles existing systems and best practices.
Ultimately, we’ll trust you to help us remain compliant, efficient and profitable during the course of business.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Managing and constantly improving our recruitment process to ensure all candidates have an excellent experience
- Accountability for driving the successful growth of Sezzle through development and execution of our global People & Culture strategy
- Defining the end to end employee journey for Sezzle from awareness and onboarding to growing and developing with us long term
- Building on our performance and reward policies to ensure we are leading the way and continuing to attract and retain key talent
- Establishing a strong learning and development programme for all teams;
- Supporting line managers in conducting periodic appraisals for their teams to drive professional and personal growth
- Maintaining and expanding our unique and dynamic culture as we continue to grow
- At least 7 years of experience working as a People Operation Manager in a multinational set up
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with People Operation metrics
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Self-responsible and diligent way of working
- Proven track record of successfully leading a team with strong results
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Experienced in stakeholder management and influencing without authority
- Entrepreneurial way of thinking and hands-on mentality
- IT affinity
- Fluent in English, further European languages are a plus
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous equity package
- Collaborative workspace headquartered in Berlin, Germany
- Remote working options are available
- Flexible working hours
- The opportunity to join the founding team for Europe of a fast-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission.
Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle does not discriminate against employment candidates on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (the “Protected Characteristics”)