Digital and Technology Business Partner
You GO. You know what’s next. We are looking for a technically sound and experienced Technologist and IT Business Partner to join us as we undertake a period of change to become more digitally integrated across our platforms.
You will be a key part of transformation projects across the business, focussing on internal digital innovation and integrations across our estate. As the Digital and Technology Business Partner, you will not only be a trusted Business Partner to senior stakeholders but will also provide strategic IT delivery direction and expertise to the business by delivering on the now as well as planning for the future. You’ll be accountable for new end-to-end solutions and become a trusted point of contact for all aspects of IT strategy and delivery.
- Responsible for being the primary interface to business functions for the implementation of internal solutions and development of their digital roadmaps using their strong technical knowledge and delivery.
- Act as the main point of contact for technology requirements on behalf of the Digital Innovation team as well as developing future digital and integrated roadmaps in line with internal IT strategy.
- Develop strong relationships with global business function leaders to understand their specific goals, and work with internal technology functions to ensure these goals can be delivered.
- Work with all levels of stakeholders throughout the entire project implementation lifecycle; act as a liaison between business teams and technology as well as lead on certain larger strategic projects, from planning to go-live.
- Run requirements and solution workshops with stakeholders, carry out business analysis, develop business cases justifying technology investments, document existing processes and re-engineer new ones into viable solutions, work with DI team to design solutions that meet architectural needs.
- Manage a portfolio of technology projects, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps to ensure we are effective and efficient in our delivery whilst identifying opportunities to improve our technical eco-system.
- Lead and own the change management initiative for all new technology implementations by the Digital Innovation team, by supporting user adoption through training, communication etc.
- Proactively engage within the business to showcase new technologies that support technical and operational efficiencies and deliver business value to the overall strategy.
- Provide analysis and advice to ensure solution designs meet stakeholder requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise on projects and to wider IT department, upskilling knowledge for increased awareness and stay up to date with new technologies.
- Support the innovation team and wider IT department to agreed design approaches and work collaboratively to develop innovation solutions.
- 3-5 years’ experience in similar role, preferably working in a global organisation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft solutions and products.
- Strong technical, business process and change skills.
- Excellent organisational skills – experience using Asana (or similar) is a positive.
- Analytical skills – scoping technology needs and translating into requirements, developing project and change plans, detail oriented but in line with the big picture.
- Ability to adapt and improve processes, procedures, and good practice guidance to meet changing needs.
- Ability to identify automation and optimisation opportunities.
- Ability to create user journeys and service blueprints to design services.
- Ability to think and plan strategically (big picture) but can also operate tactically (operationally)
- Collaborative approach to teamwork across geographically dispersed teams, including working with architects on designing, configuring, and integrating MS solutions.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques.
- Demonstrable experience with rapid prototyping using a variety of tools and methods.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload without supervision.
- Ability to work flexibly and adapting to changing needs, with positive energy and enthusiasm.