Are you a Senior DevOps Engineer ready to make an impact? We folks at Car & Classic are on the hunt for an extraordinary talent like YOU!
Seize this opportunity to join our fully remote, globally distributed dream team and revolutionise the way high-performance, scalable applications are built for large-scale marketplaces that are globally available and ready for tomorrows challenge.
About us www.carandclassic.com
Car & Classic, we are Europe’s largest classic vehicle marketplace, we have thousands of monthly user-generated listings showcasing iconic cars such as James Bond’s Aston DB5, Elvis Presley’s Cadillac & John Dodd’s infamous 1972 The Beast. Under new VC-backed ownership since 2018, the company is on a remarkable growth journey that you want to get on board with.
At Car & Classic, we value our culture, which is built on diversity, inclusion, and high performance. Our team, established from the ground up, has forged strong connections despite being fully remote.
We prioritise having fun while striving for excellence. You don’t have to be a car enthusiast to join us, but for those who are, this is an exciting opportunity to combine their passion with their profession
About the role
Are you ready to build infrastructure that’ll leave our petrol heads and classic car enthusiasts bidding for more? As our Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll be designing and implementing a top-tier infrastructure that will make a lasting impression on our platform.
So put the pedal to the metal, apply now and let’s get in the race!
Required Skills and Experience:
- 🚀 Expertise in managing cloud infrastructure using Terraform
- 📦 Knows the ins and outs of Kubernetes
- ☁️ Deep mastery of key AWS services such as EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, EKS, and more.
- 🚢 Proficient in constructing deployment pipelines using tools like Github Actions, Buddy.works, Jenkins, or AWS Code Deploy.
- 🚦 Skilled in DevOps monitoring tools like Datadog and Prometheus.
- 📈 Hands-on experience with large-scale systems serving millions of monthly visitors and handling peak loads.
- 🤖 Adept at automation and configuration management via tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- 🤑Familiarity with reducing cloud costs
- 🚤 Demonstrated ability to balance stability, security, and efficiency in high-stakes environments.
- 📜 Certification as an AWS Certified DevOps Engineer.
- 🔐 Familiarity with DevSecOps culture, automation, and platform design, with a focus on integrated security.
- 🤝 Best friend’s with Cloudflare and its suite of DDoS, DNS, caching, Firewall, and Zero trust
- 🧑💻 Experience in PHP/Laravel coding
- Optimising, monitoring and writing SQL queries comes naturally to you
Please know that this list is indicative. We’re looking for awesome humans even if you are only a 60% match. Skills can be learnt, but awesomeness generally can’t.
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- 💰 Salary from £55,000
- 📈 Stock options
- 💻 All the equipment you need to get the job done
- 🌍 Flexible working – work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- 🤗 Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- 🚄 Professional development allowance
- 🛡 Income Protection
- 👩👧👦 Life Cover
- 🩺 Smart Health
- 👶 Generous parental leave
- 🏝 33 days holiday per year
- 🚀 Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up
Car & Classic Limited is an equal opportunity employer
Equality, diversity and inclusion are integral parts of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we hold ourselves responsible. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.