Briza is building the digital interface to commercial insurance. We make it easy for software developers to embed insurance experiences within their platforms. Briza allows developers to connect directly into the core underwriting systems to retrieve quotes, bind business, collect payment and issue and service policies, instantly online.
As a Developer Support Engineer at Briza, you will work closely with our external developer partners to ensure they find success using Briza Products. You will help them overcome technical challenges, investigate bugs/errors, and join and contribute to a talented engineering team with an eye for improving our offerings.
Briza is a Series A funded venture, headquartered in Toronto but with Brizans working distributed across the globe. We are a focused, talented team that is growing quickly, and we’re seeking other ambitious, and talented team players who want to help transform an industry.
Who you are:
- Customer orientation, you get joy out of helping people, and care deeply about helping developers get a ton of value out of Briza.
- You are a consummate problem solver who doesn’t need a playbook, but can figure out viable solutions to nebulous technical problems.
- You have excellent communication skills: a thoughtful, patient, and friendly communication style.
- You are familiar with modern services, APIs, SDKs, etc.
- You have worked with developer tools like Postman and cURL to call APIs.
- You have worked on enterprise products in a customer facing capacity.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will work closely with our customers (Developers) to help them get the most out of Briza offerings.
- Troubleshoot existing and new carrier integrations, investigating root causes of bugs, and triaging based on severity/priority of issues.
- Help developers use our products by gaining an intricate knowledge of how Briza works and how to use our API to help customers.
- Support our internal systems and tools, ensuring accuracy of content with an eye towards process improvement to identify areas for further efficiency or automation
- Develop tools, and build out our developer support function, driving towards the best possible developer support experience at scale.
- Work in lockstep with the product and engineering teams at Briza to define the future of the developer experience on the platform
Briza is hard at work creating the most elegant and easy to use infrastructure for connecting insurance carriers with developers for small businesses — think ‘Stripe’ but for the insurance industry. We’re building the first transaction processing rail that enables developers to offer real time, online, commercial insurance quotes and contracts to customers. What we’ve all seen happen to restaurant booking, travel booking, life, and auto insurance, is now finally coming to the more complex world of commercial insurance. This is the natural evolution of the insurance business into a digitally enabled era. What used to take days over the phone, email and fax, will now happen in seconds.