Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting-edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We’re constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply!
We are looking for a motivated and professional Design Researcher to help us grow and enhance the best hosting service and site management dashboard on the market. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamically growing international company where what you do has a direct and immediate impact.
This role is an especially unique opportunity because we are looking for our first hire with this title. Our Design team has taken care of all the research duties for discovery and validation so far but to keep a steady pace in our delivery with a rapidly growing team we want someone to take the helm in this area. This also means we are looking for someone who can not only carry out the research tasks but also work with us in optimizing the inclusion of research in our workflows, extend our tools and methods for research, and potentially further grow the research competence at Kinsta.
The Design team consists of the Product Design and the Marketing Design teams at Kinsta, but the Design Researcher will report directly to the Head of Design. On the one hand, because both areas would benefit from what a research professional can bring to the table, and also because of the above reason of finding the place of research within our organization.
- Guide stakeholders in turning problems into the right questions to ask in research
- Match methods and tools to research questions
- Conduct qualitative research, including methods of interviewing, unmoderated observation, contextual inquiry, group discussions
- Conduct quantitative research, including methods of surveys and analysis of raw usage data
- Research and analyze competitors, find best practices and new sources of inspiration
- Facilitate workshops to process research materials, draw insights, and articulate conclusions in a collaborative way
- Handle ResearchOps activities, including recruiting and managing research participants, organizing testing activities
- Create research reports including observations, insights, conclusions, and recommendations
- Present work done with clear communication, argue in defense of the users, making sure that the users’ voice is heard by stakeholders
- 3 years of experience working as a Researcher, including at least 1 year at a digital product company, which you can showcase with a portfolio and a thorough case study
- Hands-on experience with a varied toolset in both qualitative and quantitative research
- Methodical approach to research and analysis
- Curiosity to look for answers, and creativity in finding the right research means to the questions
- Keen eye in recognizing patterns both in data and behavior to draw excellent conclusions from research findings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including collaborating with designers and developers, coordinating with stakeholders, and articulating findings
- Positive attitude, proactive, doer mentality, hungry to learn, and eager to build something new
- You are authorized to work and reside in any EU/EEA country, UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, or Israel
- This is a fully remote role, meaning you can work from anywhere with reliable broadband internet access
- Relaxed working environment with reasonable working schedule, no overtime, and essentially unlimited paid time off
- Remote expense and personal career development budget
- An amazing team with a collaborative and iterative workflow, so you never work in a vacuum
- This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth
- We will strive to provide you with the support to deliver your best and become a better professional