A “clutch” athlete performs well under pressure, in decisive moments of the game. Clutch is on a mission to create virtual training tools for racket sports that help players and coaches realize their full potential. Clutch is also a social platform for players, coaches and fans to learn, engage and inspire. Our training tools are built with cutting edge Artificial Intelligence technology that tracks players’ shots and movements on court. With Clutch, players and coaches get trackable performance analytics and video highlight tools for every match and training session.
We are working with some of the world’s best badminton players and coaches throughout our early product development. We are launching a beta test starting in the fall, which will include thousands of players uploading video through the app.
We are a pre-seed startup with backing from strong partners in the Nordics. Our team is highly ambitious, but also social and fun. Our founding team is based between Copenhagen and Barcelona. We believe in the value of building an agile remote team and that’s why remote is our default. We are looking into establishing satellite offices and access to co-working spaces in select European cities.
Role and responsibilities
At Clutch we are looking for a key member of our development team, a computer vision and deep learning engineer with experience in algorithm development and image analysis to lead our efforts in developing robust and efficient products. You will be working with state-of-the-art machine learning and computer vision algorithms for automation of sports video understanding.
You probably have a background in computer science, software engineering or a similar field, though your technical skills together with your ability to learn very fast, work both independently and collaboratively are what really matters.
We are developing algorithms in the domains of semantic segmentation, object detection and spatiotemporal action localization. You will work closely with our CTO on developing our back end AI system. We are a small team with a big vision – it is important that you take ownership over the product and that you are a team player that shares the mission with us.
- You have 3+ years industry experience applying ML/DL/CV to tackle real-world problems
- You have experience working with action recognition, temporal localization and object tracking
- You are skilled in explaining and presenting analyses and concepts to both a technical and a non-technical audience
- You have experience working with technologies like PyTorch, Tensorflow, Docker, SQL and OpenCV
- You have excellent experience in Python and strong experience in software development, writing great code and implementing patterns where they apply
- You take ownership and responsibility of the parts of the project you implement and lead
- You are able to work autonomously with little supervision;
- You’re positive and driven, and a fast learner
- You are able to lead a small team of highly skilled engineers
- Publications in academic journals
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Experience with the AWS suite
- You love racket sports!
- Competitive salary + ESOP
- Personal growth budget (books, online courses etc.)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org