Percona is an industry leader in providing elite services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
What’s the job?
Percona Support is a global, elite team of engineers who love getting to the bottom of weird and interesting database behavior. We understand our customers’ business needs and the nuances of their technical environments. This allows us to help our customers see the big picture and identify opportunities to improve their overall database infrastructures.
This is not a boring, entry-level role where you’ll just be triaging the boring and monotonous.
You’ll be teaming with some of the most well known database ninjas in the industry who are even better teammates, friends and mentors. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your own skills and become more powerful than you can possibly imagine… with databases.
This is a remote role, so you can be located anywhere in the world. All you need is a decent, stable internet connection.
What does it take to be a Percona Superhero?
- Exceptional knowledge of both MySQL and InnoDB
- Be a wizard with databases and associated technical configurations
- Knowledgeable about performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning
- Experience with backup solutions such as Xtrabackup
- Experience with HA solutions such as Orchestrator
- Detailed understanding of monitoring requirements
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues
- Enthused to expand your skill set with new technologies as the industry continues to evolve
- Availability to travel for the occasional team meeting, conference or customer visit
- Experience working with customers in English
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Galera / XtraDB Cluster / ProxySQL
- Cloud Services such as AWS and RDS, Azure, GCP
- Nagios, Percona Monitoring Plugins (PMM) and other monitoring tools
- Configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Percona Toolkit suite
- MySQL DBA, Professional Certifications
- Kubernetes / OpenShift / Docker
Location: Remote, work from home position anywhere within EMEA region. 5 day work week including weekend. Participation with the on-call team schedule.
There are lot’s more remote jobs here >>> euremotejobs.com/jobs