Zendesk is looking for an experienced contact center Value Consultant to join our presales organization in the role of Customer Experience Strategist. The CX Strategist is responsible for providing Zendesk customers and prospects advice and guidance on CX Strategy and the capabilities needed to be successful in achieving their business strategy
We’re looking for someone who is deeply experienced, innovative, and engaging. You should be an expert in customer support and contact centers, knowledgeable in the technology that supports contact centers, and comfortable helping other CX professionals set and achieve their CX strategy.
A CX Strategist at Zendesk plays a pivotal role in developing innovative B2C, B2B and B2B2C digital engagement strategies with strategic enterprise customers. The Strategist works with both new prospects as part of the business development process as well as existing customers to help expand, strengthen and grow relationships and ensure our customers operationalize for business impact. The individual will possess the ability to lead, facilitate, have superior executive communication skills, and work in a dynamic environment to deliver/support the CX Assessment to the customer.
- Lead a cross-functional Zendesk team to conduct contact center value consulting engagements. Develop compelling recommendations and present back to customer executive stakeholders
- Proven experience leading digital strategy and digital roadmap projects in a complex business and CX environment with strong facilitation skills with the ability to balance conversation within groups.
- Deep understanding of and passion for the customer lifecycle and managing the customer experience
- Facilitate CX assessments with Zendesk customers and prospects to help them identify and solve customer service business challenges. Help customers/prospects develop integrated, omni-channel customer engagement strategies
- Collaborate with Solutions Consultants to recommend technology capabilities to customers and prospects that will help them achieve their CX strategy
- Collaborate with the Success organization to recommend additional technology capabilities that will continue to drive value for our customers
- Gather and evaluate customer KPI data and make recommendations based on those results
- Provide financial/ROI analysis to customers, based on anticipated performance improvement from Zendesk solutions
- Leverage market/industry data to develop compelling content themes/topics for customer presentations
- Demonstrate thought leadership in customer support through multiple venues / channels (e.g. written, webinars, in-person, etc.)
- Assist in the authoring of content (e.g. white papers) focused on customer experience and industry trends
- 6+ years operational experience in customer support or contact center roles
- 5+ years contact center value consulting experience, ideally in the context of helping customer support organizations achieve their strategic objectives through the use of technology
- Strong knowledge of the technology and tools that support contact centers
- Ability to facilitate executive conversations to elicit business and CX objectives. Develop and present compelling, convincing executive summary material to C-level stakeholders
- Deep understanding of the metrics that drive contact center performance, the factors that influence them, and implications of their change
- Experience addressing rapid growth and scale with a customer support organization
- Experience with customer service departments of varying sizes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Expert understanding of customer support and contact center financial concepts
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
About Zendesk – Champions of Customer Service
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.