A few examples of your responsibilities
- Obsess over the satisfaction of our users by responding to requests in the most helpful and empathetic manner possible. This is normally done in writing, and typically in English.
- Champion a user-centric approach when it comes to product.
- Identify frequent issues and opportunities, and share feedback with the relevant teams so that we can keep improving our products.
- Represent Bending Spoons in addressing users’ product reviews, collecting insights into which of our features are the most (and the least!) appreciated.
- Prepare FAQs, and improve our customer care notes and document support.
What we look for
- Passion. You love what you do, and your enthusiasm never wavers with the specifics of a given task or team. Whether you’re on a plane, train, or sofa, odds are that you’ll be found with your nose in a book or article on the subject.
- Communication skills. You can pose questions with clarity and explain your reasoning concisely.
- Diligence. You’re conscientious and can be depended on to carry out your duties with rigor. You’re energetic and persevere until the job is done, and done impeccably.
- Humility. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to support your team with whatever it needs to succeed.
- Accuracy and precision. Your attention to detail is spot-on, and you’re painstakingly accurate.
- Organization and structure. You’re meticulously organized and superbly structured, so you can handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with poise and precision.
- A collaborative nature. You can understand others and work well with them, balancing patience and assertiveness.
- Common sense. Your judgment and intuition are sound and well grounded in reality.
- Proficiency in English. You read, write, and speak proficiently in English.
What we offer
- International reach. We’re a global company, and your work will have worldwide exposure.
- Flexibility and trust. From day one, you’ll be one of the team and fully trusted. No micromanagement or clipping your wings—just the freedom and responsibility to do great work.
- People who lift up one another. We hire for talent and leave the ego at the door. You’ll find a group of truly talented Spooners who are eager to teach their secrets and to learn. Reciprocal support and respect is everything—you’re unlikely to ever encounter a more harmonious crew.
- Remote working. Spend as much or as little time in our Milan office as you choose. Many Spooners like to change up their environment and get out of the city whenever the mood strikes. You’ve always got the freedom to decide where today’s office is.
- Flexible schedule. Our regular hours are 9-6 GMT+1, with remote work allowed within GMT-2 to GMT+3 time zones.
- Lots. Of. Fun. Our incredible People Operations team organizes awesome events, such as team games, drinks, yoga classes, parties, and regular company-wide retreats. Recent destinations include Bali, Mauritius, and Tanzania.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. Learn from (and teach) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Continuous education. Spooners get unlimited backing for learning investments, including Italian or English lessons and things like courses, conferences, and books. There’s no permission or approval process—you’re fully trusted to use the company’s resources efficiently.
- The finest tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need. We can’t wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach and our cutting-edge workflows.
- Competitive salary and stock options. Our compensation packages are designed to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. Compensation can grow rapidly as the individual accumulates experience and translates it into greater and greater impact. The individual can choose to receive part of their pay in equity at a discounted value, rather than in cash.
Before you apply
Thanks for taking the time to read this far. We’d be delighted if you decide to apply, but ask that you first consider the following:
Bending Spoons is an extremely demanding environment. We’re highly ambitious and we ask a lot of ourselves and our teammates, so you’re likely to work harder here than at most companies, and to regularly push yourself beyond your comfort zone. While this tends to drive tremendous learning and lead to fantastic achievements, it can also be stressful.
We’re uncompromising on our standard of excellence. The vast majority of Spooners stay for years and have amazing careers here. However, it can also happen that an individual doesn’t contribute at the rate we look for. In such cases, we support the Spooner in their efforts to make the necessary improvements, but will counsel them to leave if they don’t manage to do so.
We’re proud of the company we’ve built, and many of us can’t imagine working anywhere else. Still, we understand that a career at Bending Spoons isn’t for everybody. We hope what you’ve read here helps you determine whether it might be the place for you. If you believe it is, then we encourage you to apply—and perhaps discover what you’re truly capable of!