The real economy employs 3 billion people in frontline jobs, yet frontline teams have been underserved by technology for decades and are left to choose between paper or 20-year-old workforce management solutions, which harm both their employees and their business.
Sona is building the Frontline Operating System; an end-to-end platform to manage the entirety of a shift-based workforce. Sona combines the functionality you expect from any workforce management software – including scheduling, time & attendance, and absence management – with dedicated features to empower staff and simplify frontline work for everyone. All in one easy-to-use platform.
The market is enormous and the timing is perfect; with Sona, we have the opportunity to build a very large, impactful and sector-defining business, and we’re off to a fast start. In year 1, we reached tens of thousands of frontline workers and raised over $10 million from Google’s AI fund – Gradient Ventures, SpeedInvest, Notion Capital and angels like Tom Blomfield, to help us reach more.
It’s a hugely exciting time to be joining the team, as we’re still small enough that you’ll have a significant impact on the company, growth trajectory and culture, but large enough that we have a great structure, experienced leaders and world-class benefits in place (such as being fully remote and flexible, and only working 4.5 days a week)
About the Role
As a Customer Support Specialist, you’ll be a key part of our Customer Success organisation, whose focus is to ensure our customers receive the highest level of service.
You will be supporting the team with keeping on top of our customer support inbox, FAQs and Knowledge base as well as changes to customer accounts. You’ll also play a key role in supporting our implementation process, helping to set up and maintain customer accounts.
Day to day, you will be:
- Monitoring the Customer Support inbox, where we are contacted via live chat and email
- Building out intuitive support flows to direct customers to the right support documentation
- Maintaining our FAQs and Knowledge base with the latest product updates
- Maintaining/updating customer accounts
- Supporting with the set up and training of new customer accounts and new product roll outs
- Be the voice of our customer – sharing feedback from our customers with our Product team to improve the customer experience
- Be a Customer Ambassador – This is more than being good at communicating, this is someone who wants to revolutionise the service offering, building relationships of trust and delivering exceptional Customer experiences.
- Be a problem solver – Don’t take what is being asked for granted, get to the root cause of the problem and fix that as well.
- Challenge the norm – All businesses have processes and they help us create order from chaos. That being said, if there is a process in a place that is hindering us from offering an exceptional Customer Experience, bring it to the Team Meeting with a proposal for improvement.
- Be ready to go above and beyond – Whatever the reason the Customer contacts us, make sure that once that specific interaction is completed, they will only ever talk positively about us.
- Own it – When a Customer contacts us, it may not be you that can resolve their issue or answer their question, but you must be the person who ensures the Customer gets the result they need and deserve and you won’t rest until you can deliver it.
- Be great with the detail – As great as it is to be creative and just out and out lovely with Customers, we also need to make sure we track what is happening and ensure our Customer data is in a good place.
- Be “all in” – Simple really. This isn’t about ego or winning, this is about coming to work, doing a great job, enjoying yourself and ensuring your team are enjoying themselves as well. This is about making your friends envious of your job because you can’t stop talking about what a great team you have and what a brilliant place it is to work
We don’t have hard and fast requirements, but hopefully lots of the following applies to you:
- Experience in a customer facing role with a passion to deliver the highest level of customer service
- You have strong interpersonal skills and find it easy to create rapport with people and build relationships, regardless of seniority both internally and with our customers
- You’re comfortable delivering and reporting back on training sessions held with our customers
- You’re tech savvy and can learn new systems quickly
- You’re a highly organised person and are able to prioritise tasks
- You’ve got a detail oriented, creative, problem solving mind and a passion to improve and look to automate support and onboarding processes
- You aim high, take ownership, and are driven to develop your career in a customer-centric role
- You’re commercially aware, whilst working with customers you’ll keep an eye out for commercial opportunities
- 4.5 day standard working week
- Share options
- Fully remote and flexible working
- 35 days annual leave (25 days standard plus 10 flexible public holiday days)
- Pension contributions matched up to 5&
- Enhanced parental leave & pay
- Co-working space stipend
- Quarterly all expenses paid team retreats
- The latest Macbook and equipment for your home office
- Professional development budget
- Unlimited free books
Working at Sona
We are strong believers in giving everyone the opportunity to do their best work, when and how they prefer. That means you’ll have a lot of flexibility and control over how to shape your job and work life, while getting all the support you need to succeed. We are fully remote, with overlapping ‘office hours’ during the mornings (GMT).
We take our health and mental health seriously, believing that we can only perform to our best when we are healthy and happy. That’s why we work 4.5 day weeks, with a flexible half day that you can use as you choose. We also provide a professional development budget to keep growing your career.
You can learn more about the team and what it’s like working at Sona here.
Compensation Range: £25K – £30K