At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Hopin is seeking a new member to join our Customer Support team as a Customer Support Operations Specialist. This new member is someone who is self-driven, detail oriented and ambitious! We’re looking for someone with strong experience in this field, able to make decisions on the go, supportive, innovative and a team player.
We’re excited to work with someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy working on a fully remote team. We’re currently a company of over 450, and you will be working within the support team.
We are looking for a new teammate who can work in the EMEA or Americas time zones.
- Achieve and maintain technical expert knowledge about our product.
- Guide customers through teaching them how to use Hopin and help them troubleshoot issues through video call, email, ticketing, live chat and social media.
- Test new releases, features and fixes to gain a thorough understanding of all changes.
- Keep our internal Support team resources up to date. This includes adding to and updating our internal knowledge base, and making suggestions for improving processes.
- Collect and utilize all team and customer feedback on external knowledge base articles ensuring all are up to date and organized intuitively.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to track new features and prepare articles ahead of their release.
- Use written communication skills to write clear and thorough knowledge base articles on all features of the platform.
- Strategize and make data-driven decisions to improve our external and internal resources. Be able to take an idea and bring it to life.
- Assist with data-driven tasks to assess and improve the efficiency of the support team.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on common technical issues, and a direct source for team questions.
- Attend team and company meetings as scheduled.
- Have a mindset geared towards the team and company goals.
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Support.
- 2+ years of experience working at a B2B SaaS company.
- Fluent English speaker with outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you have the ability to read, interpret, and clarify team goals, and then craft thoughtful responses to help them achieve those goals.
- Tech Savvy – love software, tech and are excited to learn new platforms.
- Ability to teach yourself new skills and competencies, and find answers on your own.
- Great problem-solving abilities – assess all options before making a decision.
- Exceptional organization skills – able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Enthusiasm for content creation
- Has a positive and uplifting attitude
- Can work in a high stress fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of GDPR compliance
- Multilingual (German, French, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Previous experience with a video platform
- Experience working at an rapidly growing startup
- Proficiency in the Google Suite and Slack
- Previous experience in content management
- Prior experience in using Zendesk and Zendesk’s Guides product.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.