Join our team either in our HQ in Amsterdam or remotely. This role can be based anywhere in the EMEA region.
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS). Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry, and our potential for growth is limitless.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The Role: Customer Support
Our colleagues in Customer Support have a curious mind and love puzzles; whether that entails technical troubleshooting and debugging of API calls, or making our Product offering fit the customer’s needs, whilst navigating around an ever-changing global telco landscape.
We hope you’re tenacious in understanding the ins and outs of the cases you handle, while you’re also getting stuff done with stakeholders to solve that one tricky issue for your customer. You are comfortable stepping outside of your comfort zone to learn something new and have a good dose of initiative and opinion to make your own decisions (and in turn help us make good ones too.) Striving for the highest customer satisfaction comes naturally to you and being a part of a global team that shares a customer-first mindset only motivates you more. With this mentality, you are set to become a cornerstone of maintaining the MessageBird culture.
What you’ll do
- Your primary responsibility will be to support MessageBird’s global customers.
- You are the voice of the company, and interact with our customers in a friendly, professional and personal way.
- You enjoy finding the cause of any technical problem our customers are facing and help quickly resolve or provide a solution.
- Answer customer inquiries and requests through email, phone, and MessageBird’s own omni-channel solution in a timely manner.
- Properly manage and document all work performed as part of ticket queue management in our ticket management system and our Help Center if necessary.
- You will get the chance to work with many of MessageBird products and services.
What you’ll bring
- You look beyond a customer’s immediate needs, always offering to go above and beyond to help a customer achieve their goals using our platform.
- You have at least 2 years supporting technical products.
- You can identify where information is missing and know how to get it
- You have technical aptitude and can relay more complex technical concepts in simplified terms
- You are available to work full time.
- You are available for a maximum of 2 evenings and 2 weekend days per 4 weeks.
Psst … some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including active noise-cancelling headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.