is Germany’s best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world’s best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world’s leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies – not only to translate texts, but also to create the world’s best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it’s because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We’re looking for a diligent and dedicated customer success manager to care, advocate for and grow important customer relationships at one of Europe’s fastest growing technology companies backed by top investors who helped scale Uber, Twitter, Instagram, and Zendesk. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who can build and deepen our connections with senior stakeholders, conduct technical and commercial conversations with various teams, owns onboarding and drive product adoption within a subset of our customer base. In a nutshell, create loyal fans!
- Build long-term relationships with your book of business, to deeply understand their ecosystem, strategy and goals
- Position yourself as a strategic partner with your customers through regular exchange
- Enable your new customers to scale quickly by leading a tailored onboarding journey
- Safeguard high customer satisfaction and experience by encouraging spotless product adoption within the customer organization
- Team up with the Account Executives, by early identifying growth potential to create a solid pipeline of up- and cross-sell opportunities
- Proactively and regularly educate your book of business on product usage to ensure customer success
- Be the customer’s advocate, by involving other DeepL areas, such as support, finance, legal or backend, on a case-by-case basis
- Quickly gain a strong understanding of DeepL’s products and customer needs in order to troubleshoot and rapidly resolve various inquiries
- Meet and exceed quarterly activity and retention goals
- Track all customer details including use cases, purchase timeframes, and next steps
- Work closely with DeepL leadership across multiple functions (e.g. product, sales, and operations) to improve our product and service
- Lead and contribute to shaping our customer success management strategy
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible work arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no ‘to be reviewed’- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events – internationally, as well as whole company events
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Hack-Fridays – Every month we have a dedicated, interruption-free day on a company-wide scale to work on a project of your choice. Whatever it might be, if it means something to you, this is your day to do it
- Stay healthy – We offer a private health and travel insurance that comes with a bonus you can spend on vision, dental or any other needs
- With our people-centric approach, we value Life-Domain Balance and mental well-being! Therefore, we offer 30 days of holiday and provide a mental well-being app with access to psychologists, group sessions, and self-guided learning tools
- Annual education budget to advance your skills with courses & qualifications of your choice
- Experience managing client relationships at senior levels
- 2+ years of customer success experience, ideally with the focus on retention
- 2+ years of sales/ account management experience, ideally with a focus on renewals and upsell/cross-sell
- Software/SaaS experience is preferred
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment – you move quickly, think strategically and are superb at tactical execution
- Fluency in English – other languages are a plus
- Team player – supportive of colleagues
We are looking forward to your application!