Event Temple is growing and we are seeking passionate, driven, customer-centric individuals to join our Customer Success team. The person we are looking for is hardworking, organized, self-motivated and is excited to be a part of a disruptive force in the hospitality technology space.
As a CSM, you are the voice of the customer internally and the voice of the company externally. You are proactive in identifying and solving issues, needs, and churn risk customers. Your customer service, organization, and communication skills are second to none and you are a role model and mentor to junior team members.
As the best thing to ever happen to Event Temple, you are:
A Builder, first and foremost
- You understand that every single customer interaction comes with a story and every story is looking to be told.
- You want to be a part of helping us build internal systems and solutions that work for servicing our customers in the most efficient way possible.
- You document steps taken when dealing with customers, contributing to the Customer Success infrastructure, and ensuring that the team is not repeating mistakes.
- You are technically adept and are able to dig deep into problems and come out with a creative solution. You will escalate to the engineers when needed but will do your best to problem solve long before that.
- You bring an understanding of root cause business analysis. You are a business advisor as well as a technical resource. You are willing to seek to understand how our clients think and are not afraid to make bold suggestions to get them to their ultimate business goals.
What does the day-to-day look like?
The core responsibility of the Customer Success Manager is to manage a portfolio of up to 100 high-touch customers. You will spend much of your time in business reviews with customers, ensuring they are successful with Event Temple and identifying expansion opportunities.
- Conducting pre-booked kick-off calls in conjunction with the Sales team, ensuring new customers are set-up for success.
- Responsible for running customer onboarding sessions for new clients. Ensuring that they are using the system to its fullest capacity.
- Checking in with clients at various points in their life-cycle to ensure that they are achieving the goals that they initially set out when adopting the system.
- Providing proactive support, creating training and success resources
Customer Support – as needed
- Responding to inbound customer inquiries across various channels including chat, email, and phone.
- Diagnosing customer issues, and making recommendations from a technical or business standpoint.
- Cataloging bugs and ensuring that the engineering team has all appropriate reproduction steps to rectify them as efficiently as possible.
- Understanding and document customer stories that inform feature requests.
- Actively contribute to our knowledge base, and genuinely subscribe to a KCS knowledge taxonomy mindset.
Leadership & Project Management
Working with the Director of Customer Success:
- Managing department-wide initiatives, including but not limited to, OKRs and department goals.
- Management of Departmental SOPs (maintaining internal Wiki, Slack Channels, etc)
- Creation and management of internal education resources for the company as it pertains to Feature releases and general product knowledge.
- Managing Customer facing education resources and coaching team members on article creation.
- Presenting progress on various strategic objectives and general Department of Health to the company during town halls and other company presentations.
- Held accountable to core CS KPIs including, but not limited to, Knowledge base article quality index, OKR completion rates
- Other responsibilities as dictated by the head of Customer Success.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Success, your team contributes to primary business metrics such as:
- Customer Retention
- Expansion Revenue
- Net Promoter Score
- You will work with the Director of Customer Success to develop a plan for your career growth at Event Temple. You are the driver of your own success. It will be on you to execute that plan to its fullest, and we will be there to cheer you on along the way.
What about the big picture?
The big picture can be as much as you want it to be. If you are able to master the job description above, there is an endless potential opportunity for trying new ideas, engaging with customers in creative ways and building the future of this company for years to come.
Humble, Hungry and Smart
You must be a combination of all-three, the absence of one of these traits does not align with Event Temple’s vision of who we want to be. (If you want to really impress us in the interview, Read The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni before coming in!)
Event Temple is a high growth technology company based in Vancouver, BC. We’re looking for someone great to help us grow to the next level. Every single day, venues and hotels around the world manage thousands of meetings and conferences. Event Temple is the software behind the scenes that empowers the teams running those events.
- Friendly co-workers
- Competitive compensation
- Work from Home / Remote friendly
- Become part of a success story – we’ve been voted #1, 4 years in a row!
What type of person joins Event Temple?
- You enjoy creatively solving problems and navigating different design solutions for challenging engineering problems.
- You’re a person that is self-motivated, resilient, and quick to adapt to new obstacles.
- You’re looking for an alternative to the corporate abyss.
- You want a place where your ideas matter and impact significantly.
- You value freedom, and you want to play on a winning team with others who feel the same way.
- You want to help build a future where there are more events, travel and experiences, not less.
- It’s this long-term, bigger picture that makes you feel both inspired and engaged.